[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Years ago, a website published an article based on something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

Years ago, a website published an article based on something I sent them and credited me for the tip under my real name. I was a stupid kid, so I commented on that article under my online pseudonym, saying how cool it was that my story got published.

Once I became dox-averse, I contacted the site's admin and asked him to remove my name from the article. He did so, but he refused to remove my comment. Elsewhere, a linkfarm that archives all news articles about a certain subject contains the version of the article with my real name. As long as both versions of the article are up, I am doxable.

Over the past year, I have attempted to contact the administrator of the link farm through both emails listed on her website, her personal Facebook, her campaign for city council, and the phone number listed on her WhoIs. I have never received a response. At this point, I'm willing to hire a private investigator to track down her current contact info so that I can contact her and either get the page taken down or get confirmation that she is intentionally ignoring me.

Everything I know about PIs comes from pop culture, though. Is tracking down someone's contact info within their wheelhouse?
>>
You have a mental condition.
>>
Sounds like a lot of effort for something literally no one but you cares about.
>>
>>18512849
You don't know the shit I've seen and the shit I've been through. I have every reason to take doxing this seriously.
>>
>>18512856
Let's be honest, if people care enough to dox you and harass you, you probably deserve it.
>>
>>18512848
You're right. Every website I've seen dedicated to doxing and harassing people has been fake, and the part where they expressed interest in me was a hallucination.
>>
>>18512860
That's a retarded thing to say. Most people who get this treatment are harmless weirdos who committed the sin of being unintentionally funny. I can tell that you've been fortunate enough not to be exposed to this world, and I envy you.
>>
I'm sorry for being so combative in this thread, but I'm sick of people either thinking I'm making shit up or deserve to have my life destroyed. My original question was about whether PIs would be willing/able to do this sort of thing.
>>
>>18512873
You have a mental illness.
>>
you antifa?
>>
>>18512882
No, I'm not a terrorist. I'm a lolcow. If I was a left-wing extremist, I'd probably be afraid to use this site.

>>18512881
Getting emotional over people not believing you you're mentally ill?
>>
anon, unless you're antifa leadership, or one of a few hundred of us, no one gives a shit enough about doxing to actually do anything. half the game these days is threatening to dox people.
>>
even if you got it taken down you could be found by multiple other means.
>>
>>18512895
Go check out Kiwi Farms or any lolcow site that doesn't have an offical "no doxing" policy. I've been off their radar for awhile, but they still exist, and I'm not free to make YouTube videos, write creepypasta, or put myself out there in any way if there's a chance they can get me. Hell, I feel like I'm putting myself at risk just by mentioning their name, but I have to in order to make it clear I'm not making shit up.

I'm literally just your average internet autist. I'm not a terrorist or harmful in any wa, except I am known to induce cringe.
>>
>>18512904
There are people who've managed to avoid getting doxed. It is possible. And the ambivalence in this thread is exactly why I have to try. If I get doxed, no one will even pity me.
>>
>>18512844
Just change your name desu, I change my name every 5 years just for fun.
>>
>>18512892
Also think youre mentally ill. Nobody gives a fuck about you. Youre still a retarded kid who thinks the world revolves around you if you think youre going to get doxxed by people digging into archives to find a a trail that would only be found if people knew where to look. All that that lead to your real name.

Let me point out your childishness. You are currently doxxing and planning to hire a stalker to dox a webmaster. Yet you think thats the worst thing ever. Kill yourself. You have a mental illness and if youre getting doxxed you probably deserve it.
>>
>>18512918
I apply for jobs regularly, and I can tell you almost every place asks if you've changed your name. If I lie, well, there's a reasonthey ask for your SSI. I actually have an interview tonight and I would bet money that if they hire me, they'll have me fill out a form where, among other things, they ask if I have any previous names.
>>
>>18512844
You suffer from the delusion that anyone cares. No one - I promise you, no one - will ever care enough to try to track you down because of something buried in the web years ago.
>>
>>18512922
>Youre still a retarded kid who thinks the world revolves around you if you think youre going to get doxxed by people digging into archives to find a a trail that would only be found if people knew where to look.
It happened before when I was a kid. I'm just trying to make sure it doesn't happen again.

>You are currently doxxing and planning to hire a stalker to dox a webmaster. Yet you think thats the worst thing ever.
There's a difference between someone starting a link farm with their real name, abandoning it, and leaving outdated conract information and someone having shit they did under a psuedonym on different websites tied to their real identity. But I am aware that hiring a PI would cross an ethical line. It's why I waited a year. I have no other choice.
>>
>>18512929
Again, spend five minutes on Kiwi Farms. It'll prove my point.
>>
>>18512908
>I'm not a terrorist or harmful in any way
mate you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>18512936
you just trying to shill your site mate?
>>
>>18512938
I'm not going to put this woman's info out there. I just want to get a message to her. I know what I'm doing sounds fucked up. It FEELS fucked up. But what else am I supposed to do at this point? Only ever publish shit as an Anon on an imageboard? As long as one psuedonym is linked to your dox, all of them are.
>>
>>18512932
No, there isnt a difference you're a fucking hypocrite. If you get cyberbullied or real life bullied this is an example behavior of why they target you.
>>
>>18512943
It'd be pretty funny if a public shaming site created an ARG where a fictional character tries to escape their inevitable doom by begging for help on an anonymous imageboard. That's not the case here, though.
>>
>>18512926
Why are you applying for jobs regularly? If you aren't doing anything government related I don't think they'll do a detailed background check.
Although even if they do, and you do put your old name on it, what's the problem? Your name change won't come up anywhere accessible to the general public and people on the internet can't dox you. Your colleagues certainly won't remember/know you changed your name.
>>
>>18512947
I know what I'm considering isn't exactly sound, but it isn't a plot to destroy someone's life. She already put her real name, email and town on her site, and she included the phone number in WhoIs.
>>
>>18512950
>inevitable doom
>doxing
please.
ffs I'm going to sleep. no one gives a shit about your dox. shit the attention cycle of people doing this shit is so fast now that if you don't get doxed inside of a few days for whatever triggers the dox init, you're not getting doxed.
>>
>>18512961
Oh i know. Send an email threatening to dox her to show her the pain of it unless she takes it down.
>>
>>18512960
>Why are you applying for jobs regularly?
I don't work full time right now. I'm alternating between a couple part time jobs.

>Your colleagues certainly won't remember/know you changed your name.
That's true, but employees want to know the shit you've done on social media. Top 10 Hottest Anime Girls makes normal people think assume you're a pedophile.

If you think changing my name actually will help, though, I'll consider it.
>>
>>18512961
>She already put her real name, email and town on her site, and she included the phone number in WhoIs.
how can you not find this woman yourself?

you know what, I'm going to sleep. I can't
>>
>>18512970
Jesus fucking christ, I just want to ask her and get a straight yes or no.
>>
>>18512973
Because the site is more than half a decade old and she's apparently a doesn't spend much time on social media.
>>
>>18512972
If you have a relatively common name then it's not a big problem tbqh. And if you have any social media accounts with your pictures on them you should set them to private, set all your previous profile picture changes to private and change your profile picture to not your face. That's what I do anyways. I do think changing your name will help.
>>
>>18512960
>>18512972
>>18512985
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trying-to-hide-your-scandalous-past/
>>
>>18512868
Replace harmless weirdo with cringy sex pervert, or someone poking the hornets nest.
>>
>>18513031
>Replace harmless weirdo with cringy sex pervert
Literally the same thing.
>>
>>18512908
Have you tried not publically posting things that are furry, pony, creepy, or are fetishistic on websites not catered to such material? If so did you provoke well known members of certain groups? If you are unable to not post such content or not able to avoid provoking the wrong people then invent a new handle disjointed from your current one.
>>
>>18513051
If you have an identifiable voice or writing style, people can connect seemingly unrelated accounts.
>>
>>18513077
OP I just looked up all that retarded shit you referenced. I now agree with the other 99% of anons: NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS BULLSHIT.
>>
>>18512844
Just get a new username
>>
Why would someone want to dox you? Are you trying to make money off of being recognized on the internet? If so, my advice would be to change your real name, delete everything you can with your old username, change your location to a different state (aka pretend you moved), make a new e-mail address, Facebook, etc.

Not trying to make money off of your personality? Stop using Twitch. Don't post on Reddit. Don't leave YouTube comments. Be a gray man: Don't make controversial opinions. Don't take sides. Strip EXIF metadata from your photos (don't upload from your phone).

I have been doxxed before years ago.

Now that I'm not a permanent part of any nerdy message board community, I realized no one really knows who I am or gives enough of a shit about me. People will not dox you on a bodybuilding forum or a gardening hobby web site. Why? Because they are a positive environment where people try to improve themselves. You only get doxxed in degenerate places where internet memes, anime, and video games reside. Step away from all that and don't go all "heil 1488 praise kek wall got 10 feet higher no fat chicks bruce jenner lolz" on social media and you won't need to worry about doxxing at all.
>>
Been doxxed before, only thing is that they sent lies to various members of my senpai on FB that I love younger kids. Senpai didnt believe that shit cuz they know very very well I am into older women

Sounds like you are going to waste a lot of money and time over shit nobody cares about. But whatever it seems you are determinned to do it so gl. Could just avoid sites and shit where ya know u might get doxxed
>>
>>18512856
How do people know that's not just a pseudonym?
>>
>>18513370
I know, but I care about having a voice. I want to be able to discuss politics and anime. I don't want to just accept that I can't because of things beyond my control.
>>
>>18513505
I don't understand what you mean.
>>
>>18513594
Then do it on an anonymous board or make a random new username for forums and don't divulge any personal information.

Or take the risk of being doxxed and fired from your job, when you do get one. I guess what it really comes down to is what you value more: Ability to talk about anime and Donald Trump or not having to be constantly paranoid and Googling yourself every other week.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.