[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Compliment random girl on her outfit; say I like the pairing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: il_340x270.544233277_8ohe.jpg (20KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.544233277_8ohe.jpg
20KB, 340x270px
>Compliment random girl on her outfit; say I like the pairing of her overalls and t-shirt
>She says "thanks" in a sarcastic way and rolls her eyes at me.
>Can't see the words on the t-shirt very well because of overall straps
>"Is that a band shirt."
>In annoyed voice: "No, it's just a regular shirt from Forever 21"

I dunno, I didn't say anything lewd to her, comment on her body, catcall her, anything like that. Just being nice and having somebody respond to me like that kind of hurt my feelings.

I've just never gotten that sort of response to a compliment before. When I compliment a girls' outfit, she's usually flattered and quite chuffed. Regardless of any interest. Even if the girl isn't interested in you, she still usually tends to like when somebody notices how she's put herself together, a piece she's wearing, a tattoo, etc. I mean, it's not like I only ever compliment girls I'm interested in and find attractive. If I see a girl that I'm not particularly interested in, but who is wearing something nice or has something else cool about her, I'll still compliment her.

Is what I said to this girl inappropriate? Was it crossing a line? Her response legitimately made me feel bad, the way she looked at me like something she scraped off of her shoe just for daring to talk to her.
>>
she's just a bitch, don't sweat it
I'm a girl and appreciate compliments (although I'm also socially awkward so I don't know what to do aside from saying "t-thanks" and staring back)

though, personally I'd have stopped when she sarcastically responded. she doesn't seem like she'd receive another one very well at that point
>>
>>18512264

Why all the girls must react equally? The world is full of different people.
>>
She had a bad day, she is used to guys making innocuous compliments trying to get into her pants, and/or she is guarded in some other way.

Don't take it personally. You said yourself that she's the first girl to respond like this. You aren't responsible for other people's actions. Nothing you said was weird or out of line.
>>
>>18512264

Maybe she was having a bad day? I mean, it's not nice, but you can't put up a facade for every stranger that feels the need to approach you, right?

Also, why were you talking to her? Trying to pick her up, right? Maybe she wanted to make sure you didn't mistake her politeness for interest, so she did away with the politeness. Again, not very nice, but practical.
>>
I compliment girls in a completely non sexual way sometimes, usually with their shoes or dress or something.

Fuck that bitch, don't be discouraged. Say whatever you want to say, just because that girls a cunt doesn't mean you did anything wrong.
>>
>>18512264
sounds like a stupid misunderstanding, just forget about it or try to make it clear that you weren't trying to suggest anything if you give a shit
>>
>>18514178
>make it clear you weren't trying to suggest anything

Wrong.

Don't apologize op, when you say something nice and someone acts like a bitch you don't apologize, that's pathetic as fuck.
>>
>>18512264
>Is what I said to this girl inappropriate?

Yes.
Never compliment women. Ever.
It's creepy and borderline sexual assault these days.

You fucked up.

>Her response legitimately made me feel bad

So you should, don't do it again, creep.

Learn the fucking rules of the game.

>the way she looked at me like something she scraped off of her shoe just for daring to talk to her.

Yeah, that's how women act now, doesn't help with assholes like you feeding their ego 24/7.

Learn from this and keep your fucking mouth shut next time.

>
I've just never gotten that sort of response to a compliment before. When I compliment a girls' outfit, she's usually flattered and quite chuffed. Regardless of any interest. Even if the girl isn't interested in you, she still usually tends to like when somebody notices how she's put herself together, a piece she's wearing, a tattoo, etc. I mean, it's not like I only ever compliment girls I'm interested in and find attractive. If I see a girl that I'm not particularly interested in, but who is wearing something nice or has something else cool about her, I'll still compliment her.

Rationalising. You didn't understand the rules, you fucked up. She was in the right, you were not.

Everything wrong you did;
>Talking to stranger, without any need to do so. I get asking for a light or something, you need something. But going up and saying "Hey, cute outfit". That's just fucked up.
>Complimenting a strangers outfit (especially a woman. You can get away with complimenting a guy and being all like "Cool shirt bro, where'd you get it?"). She thinks you hard a raging hard on and was looking to stick it in her, regardless of your actual intent.
>Carried on talking to her after she shot you down with her sarcastic comment. DUDE LEARN WHEN TO STOP A LOST CAUSE!

Jesus fucking christ.
Learn the rules of engagement with the opposite sex for fucks sake. Treat them like the bloody enemy, because that's sure as hell how they'll treat you.
>>
I would not have been as rude as this girl but speaking as another girl, compliments on my appearance from men mean literally nothing to me. Some people are just very cynical but you shouldn't take it personally, especially if she was a stranger.
>>
>>18514225
Wow this guy is really freaking salty, has never talked to a normal woman, or I don't know man, you are just super angry in your post.

Just the other day I was going through a line at a grocery store and the cashier had a ton of different pins on her vest. I said to her, "Hey, that's a lot of flare you got here" and then I smiled. She smiled back, handed me the change, said have a good day, and I said you too. It was just a normal conversation between two adults. I don't even know if she got the reference but who cares? You can have a normal chit chat conversation with people you know.
>>
File: 1357099439096.png (88KB, 298x332px) Image search: [Google]
1357099439096.png
88KB, 298x332px
>>18514225
The fuck is your problem dude
>>
>>18514270
>Wow this guy is really freaking salty, has never talked to a normal woman, or I don't know man, you are just super angry in your post.

I'm salty because OP's a retard.

>Just the other day I was going through a line at a grocery store and the cashier had a ton of different pins on her vest.
Cashiers are an exception, you're supposed to talk to cashiers.

>You can have a normal chit chat conversation with people you know.
Yes, chit chat.
"Nice weather, mate"
"How's it going".

NOT "Sup, good looking. I like your clothes, think they'll match my bedroom floor?".

I know you didn't say that, but it's what she hears.

I'm angry because you're stupid. I can't believe you cannot see how women have been brainwashed to think. That literally every man ever wants to fuck them. And will do anything just about to do that.
>>
OP here.

Lol, I've opened with women by complimenting a piece they are wearing, having a brief conversation, getting their number, and taking them out. A girl I'm seeing again next week, I started talking to her by complimenting her hat on campus. Another, her boots on the train. Freakin' public transit.

Other times I compliment women, without any intent to ask for their numbers or take them out. Just because I want to. They also usually appreciate it.

Redpillers stuck their dicks into your frontal lobe, didn't they?
>>
>>18512264
Some girls are bitchy, and some girls have had bad experiences with men that started with a compliment. She could just think you're hitting on her, because many men do that with a compliment, and she wasn't interested. She could be a feminist harpy. You can't know.
>>18514225
Alright, alright. We get it, you're MGTOW. Don't listen to the retard OP.
>>
>>18514633
>redpill

What? Dude, not everybody likes some stranger coming up to them and complimenting them out of the blue.
>>
>>18512264
Almost the same thing happened to me anon. I saw this chick on the street when I was at univ. she had some sort of sorority symbol on her book bag. I asked her what sorority is she in and she rudely said the name "You dont know! How could you not! Zeta Phi Alpha!*"

Soon as she said that I replied that no I did not know what it meant since I aint a spoiled bitch and daddy pays for my college. Also ty for representing the club to the fullest! Very kind people go there!" She got pissed and started to scream at me and her two friends she was with started getting defensive too. Idgas I always treat ppl with respect but if I am not respected back then I can be a savage too
*Forgot what she is in, just making a name up from my ass. I am not into frats or sororities.
>>
>>18514724
>I make up stories so my life appears more interesting.
>>
>>18514733
Kek

Yes that actually happened but not going to debate bout it. Nothing is wrong what OP said.
>>
>comment on her body, catcall her, anything like that.
you did that exact thing, albeit on accident
>>
>>18512264
Women are fucking cunts. That's just what they are.
>>
As a chick I think what you said is pretty cute, it was nice of you to go as far as saying you thought it was a well paired outfit as opposed to just hurr durr your face is cute. I don't think you did anything wrong per se, but a lot of women are conditioned that if someone says you're cute they want your sex, so she was being guarded. That or kind of a bitch. Don't take it personally, dude
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.