[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with a 5 year long good friend that's suddenly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: the pillars of RAGE.jpg (630KB, 3300x2538px) Image search: [Google]
the pillars of RAGE.jpg
630KB, 3300x2538px
How do I deal with a 5 year long good friend that's suddenly turned into an idiot?
He refuses to believe that he is wrong on anything for even a second until he gets btfo by proof.
He refuses to believe that he's being a huge fucking scumbag by trying to get with a girl (that had recently just gotten out of yet another abusive relationship) not even a few days after her friend rejected him. (They are now going out, good for him but still-)
He refuses to believe that going to work with her is a bad idea because he wants to spend literally ALL his time with her despite already living with her.
He refuses to listen to any sort of advice that requires him to slow his roll because from his perspective he wants to live happily with absolutely no sadness and living life at full speed has had no downsides so far.

I couldn't give a shit if he spends less time with his friends so he can be with his girl, I just want him to know that he isn't always right, life will eventually blindside him if he doesn't stop to think, and life can't be lived happily forever after without having some downtime to appreciate the highlights.
>>
I'm kind of going through the same thing with a friend.

Don't criticize his girlfriend. It never goes well.
>>
>>18511766
>How do I deal with a 5 year long good friend that's suddenly turned into an idiot?

You don't.

You stop wasting your time talking to a brick wall. What the fuck is it to you who or what he sticks his dick in... What the fuck is it your business to protect a woman who's gotten out of an abusive relationship... Sounds like you want to call everyone who goes near her a scumbag so you can try your sleaze on 3-6 months down the line. Ofcourse going to work with a partner or fucking your co-workers is a stupid idea... But what's that got to do with you... You obviously have different priorities to him and her. He lives with her... so exactly who are you to her... He lives with her... maybe flatmates or relationship... So what... Why do you know better than this person... He knows that he has to be quick to get girl before beta sleaze comforts her after her cool down period.

Have you ever had gf? Who's to say you wouldn't do the same thing for a woman you considered yourself compatible with.
>>
>>18511859
Didn't I say in the post that I didn't give a shit about the gf? It's his attitude towards not listening to his closest friends who've had more emotional and romantic experience than some guy who can't stand being away from something that makes his dick hard for more than 5 seconds without acting like a crybaby.
>>
>>18511803
I don't care about the girlfriend, she's not the problem, it's his demeanor that makes it seem like knowing someone who you've come to respect for 5 years suddenly don't mean shit when you turn down his advice (that you asked for) just because it means you have to wait for good things to happen
>>
>>18511766
Listen to when a man loves a woman, realize you will eventually do something retarded in a similar fashion to this, though maybe not as extreme, and just be his friend despite his fuckery, unless he becomes an actually asshole to you.
>>
Here's the thing tho, he's not talking about the girl for whatever the shit the story is about. Its the guy mainly just not slowing his roll.

As he stated, he didnt give 2 shits about him being in the relationship, he just wanted his friend is ease into it since his friend is already living with her.

But by the looks of it, his friend's just ignoring him. I agree about it not being his business but he nevertheless cares enough about his friend to tell him to slow his roll.

As for advice though, i'd say just let it run its course and if it bites your friend in the ass for it, then whatevs, it's his problem now.
>>
>>18511766

dude, you need to fucking chill. i hate co-dependent couples but you're acting like hes an asshole for dating a girl.

let him make his mistakes, its the only way people really learn. some of us just have different mistakes to make.
>>
Maybe I should have phrased it better, it's not the girl I have a problem with, it's his attitude
>>
>>18512031
>He refuses to believe that he's being a huge fucking scumbag by trying to get with a girl (that had recently just gotten out of yet another abusive relationship) not even a few days after her friend rejected him. (They are now going out, good for him but still-)

No... You didn't. But due to the tone there might be some jealousy in there... Particularly when OP talks about the part where she got out of an abusive relationship. Makes OP sound like OP has crush.

He needs to learn for himself. Put the effort in when it all falls apart... Unless she's pregnant in which case you can 'told you so'.
>>
>>18513653
>his attitude

implying his

implying attitude
>>
>>18511766
You don't ppl who no the least tend to argue the loudest and the most. My mother is a complete idiot but 100% right on all topics. If she was just a friend I'd drop her like all of the other idiot friends. I have zero tolerance for ppl who know next to nothing about everything but are always right.
The worst part about my mom is that I find myself trapped in a debate with her about once a year for whatever reason. I end up hating myself. For being stupid enough to engage in aN adult conversation with a moron.
>>
>>18511766
People like you were telling me the exact same shit 7 years ago... And now I am fucking miles ahead of them in terms of success and happiness. Go fuck yourself OP, you could be wrong about him.
>>
File: 1499920128321.gif (98KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
1499920128321.gif
98KB, 314x319px
>>18513720
All i saw in the post was anger tho
>>
Wait wait, why do you guys keep bringing up the girl when this dude is mainly talking about the guy?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.