[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop feeling hopeless about music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1478677482366.jpg (90KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478677482366.jpg
90KB, 720x960px
I recently released a track of mine that took 3 months to complete, and since having uploading it, everyone's telling me it's an incredible piece of music. My ego isn't flaring up or anything, I've been producing for 5 whole years and it took a long time to get to the level I'm at.

I send this promoter the track, he listens, and then tells me the "such and such" is "too quiet" even though it isn't. So, because of some small non existent flaw he barred me an upload. I then tell him that it's odd that other promoters have given me lists of reasons in the past for denying me and he only gave me one that didn't amount to shit because his channel has songs with blaring mixing issues, so he then just says he didn't like it and that someday "I'd make something."

I've submitted to other promoters since then, but it's pretty disheartening. What do
>>
Keep grinding and then when you finally do make it send him a physical copy of the song he rejected with your autograph on it.
>>
>>18511274
this, very few artists authors and whatnot succeeded with their first try
it might be disheartening from time to time, but if you feel absolutely certain that your stuff is good, you will find someone who thinks so as well
>>
>>18511272
You gotta do 5 beats a day for 3 summers before you make it big
>>
>>18511272
Lmfao wtf is your problem you autist

I actually cant fathom what your issue is.

>send promoter track
>takes his time to listen to it and give you his personal critique
>whine about critique and say he is wrong
>thisisautism.jpg

All you wanted from him is to pat you on your cock and give you a sticker you immature cunt. You imposed your shitty song on him, then got mad at him because he didnt say exactly what you thought about it.

I fucking hope you dont make it in the industry you whiny drama queen.
>>
>>18511476

nice kanye reference

>>18511504

My problem wasn't with his displeasure, more so with the fact he disrespected my entire back catalogue cause he knew of me before, and gave me a critique that wasn't even valid. But of course, I'm whiny because I can't feel bad about getting rejected.

If anything, I'm sure you have aspergers and we can all tell why
>>
>>18511543
You're entirely putting this situation on yourself. This is a non-issue and a gross attempt at getting people on the internet to pat you on the back and say you're right, probably because of some horrible insecurity and sense of entitlement.

Tbh the dude probably gauged that the second you started to talk.

No one owes you anything no matter how hard you work, no matter how hard you think they do.

You went to the guy. You chose to feel bad about the guy dismissing you. Maybe he just didnt want to tell an aspiring musicians music is garbage because hes been there.
The fact that you kept pestering him like, "Woah youre wrong, I've never got criticised before." Just solidifies the fact In my mind all of what I'm saying.
>>
>>18511543
>disrespected
Are you actually autistic lmao
>>
>>18511543
Its not your business its his. If he tells you to fuck off, fuck off. He owes you no explanation as to why he doesnt like you or your music.
Why you think he does is beyond me.
>>
>>18511272
This guy *sniffle* this guy told me *sniffle* oh god *blows nose* that my music isnt go.. g..goooooddd *waaaahhh* and when i asked him why *sniff* he told me something was wrong *sniffle* but he was wrong!!
>>
>>18511558
>>18511561
>>18511575
>>18511582
Sorry, I have anger issues.
If your music is good stick by it and keep throwing it around.
Dont let dumpy mcfuckhead fuck up your shit emotions.
>>
>>18511272
As someone who spent the better part of a decade as a professional musician: you need to develop a thicker skin. People are going to be rude, they'll be unfair, they'll be assholes, sometimes they'll straight up try to fuck you. Disrespect and critiques you don't think are valid are the absolute least of your problems and you need to be able to accept them with a smile if you want to make it.

Why? Because promoters talk. Other musicians talk. Fans talk. It doesn't matter if you're the next Mozart, if you develop a rep as someone who is difficult to work with you won't get more work. That might change if you become established and everyone knows theres a payday attached to your name, but you'll never get to that point if you're thin-skinned now.
>>
>>18511617

I didn't cause any problems with him, I just took it and left. I agree that I need to develop a thicker skin but man it's pretty tough when you put a lot of effort into something and someone shoots it down.

Thank you for the levelheaded response.
>>
>>18511558

How do I get people to say I'm right if I haven't even posted any sort of identifiable information or songs? You guys are the ones reaching and no nothing of my situation, fuck off. I don't want to be patted in the back, I want advice on getting over it.
>>
>>18511636
You got rejected and now you're being a dick.

Maybe the guy's critique was fair and maybe it wasn't. It doesn't really matter. If you're going to be an artist, you need to develop thicker skin. It's always going to hurt when someone casually dismisses something you created.
>>
>>18511631
You pushed. You said you told him that what he said was odd. Feedback from a promoter isn't a discussion or an argument.

He's there to make money, his feedback is rooted in his ability to make money. If you feel he is a successful promoter, if you feel you can make money working for him, you need to take his feedback into consideration. He's not wrong, he's telling you that he doesn't feel he can sell your music based on the very experiences that made you go to him.

I've worked with a lot of promoters over the years. I've worked with guys who will book an empty room because they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I've worked with people you have to pull a gun on to get your take at the end of the night. I've worked with great people who care about the scene. I've worked with everything in between. Mostly I worked with assholes who were only out to make money. Every step of my time in the industry I understood why I was working with someone. The guy who would book an empty room? I needed to say I headlined that room on a Saturday for my press kit. The guy I pulled a gun on? His partner ran a big company that got me a ton of gigs in after that and he was extremely embarrassed about what had happened. He also didn't dodge my calls like he did everyone else's. The absolute mercenaries who told me that various projects would never book their clubs? Those were the guys I loved most because I knew I was never wasting my time. If they contacted me that meant I was walking into a full room and walking out with enough money to pay bills.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.