[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a hard reset fix an overheating laptop? Also are there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Would a hard reset fix an overheating laptop? Also are there any suggestions as to what is causing it, because it used to run fine. It shuts down after about 20 minutes while I'm playing games on it (yeah yeah I know, fuck off mustard race, I'm saving up).
>>
>Would a hard reset fix an overheating laptop?

Most likely not, UNLESS the reset removes some kind of application that you installed that is running your hardware hot when it's not supposed to be.

Take canned air and try blowing the air thing out. That might help remove some debris clogging up the exhaust
>>
File: angry.jpg (66KB, 892x528px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
66KB, 892x528px
>>18510424
I have removed every application, that is NOT part of Windows and uses a lot of CPU, and it didn't work. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the stuff, that I have pirated. Can my PC get slow just by pirating stuff? I did a malware check, and there's nothing.
>>
>>18510456

>Can my PC get slow just by pirating stuff?

Possible. You could have installed something that's using your pc to cryptomine. Also malware possibly won't detect it.

But if this only happens when you're playing games then most likely it's the gameplay that's overheating your laptop.
>>
did u check the insides maybe guts are filled with dust and shit
>>
>>18510464
This
>>
>>18510462
It used to run very well in when playing games, could run most games on ultra without too many problems. Now it shuts down in TF2 on the lowest possible settings, and with every CPU eating applications turned off.
>>
>>18510464
>>18510469
The cooler in my laptop is so stupidly placed, that I'd have to remove the the whole bottom, which takes like 20.000 (ten minutes) years.
>>
Well that was the problem with my brother's laptop when it kept overheating.
>>
1 . clean out vents and fan with compressed air. disassemble if possible to get as much dirt out as possible.

2. make sure other applications are not running. delete apps that you no longer use.

3. check what apps start when you boot up. load only the essential apps.

4. elevate the laptop so there's more air flow under it where the vent is.

5. purchase a laptop stand with cooling fans.
>>
File: bro.png (180KB, 293x261px) Image search: [Google]
bro.png
180KB, 293x261px
hihi, I have an Nvidia graphics card and I deleted the driver when I was cleaning up my files, so I reinstalled the driver. Problem fixed, I think, haven't tried it out yet, but will report back.

t. Literal Retard
>>
File: suicide.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
>>18510896
OP here
It's fixed and I can crank my options up to max
Sorry for wasting your time :(
>>
>>18511081
http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Lines/notepal-series/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.