[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone out there actually happy or is everyone secretly depressed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hmm.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px)
hmm.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
Is anyone out there actually happy or is everyone secretly depressed?
>>
Yes there are people out there that are happy. No everyone is not secretly depressed.
>>
>>18510377
The media portrays being happy as the default state of being but it's not really, is it?

A few thousand years ago, humans were just trying to eke out an existence. Now we're sitting thinking "why am I sad", "how can I be not sad".
>>
I feel like almost everyone around me is happy. But then I read depression statistics and hear people talk about their "problems". I hate it. I liked thinking it was just me being depressed and that I just need to work on that. But it turns out "everyone" is depressed somehow. That means I'm just bad at being depressed, I'm just THAT big of a failure, I'm a useless piece of shit apparently. And I started to hate people in general because of this while also getting into the mindset that my depression can't be cured.
>>
File: 2013-01-14.gif (180KB, 816x553px) Image search: [Google]
2013-01-14.gif
180KB, 816x553px
>>18510395
>>
>>18510396
kms
How the fuck do people manage to appear to not be sad? Everyone I meet is in perfect control over their life. I'm the only one who's actually "affected" by depression, but it's irrelevant because everyone has depression.
>>
>>18510401

>How the fuck do people manage to appear to not be sad?

Probably because most of the time they aren't sad. If you get your shit together and have your life in order and have what you need there's not much reason to be sad. Also if you smarten up and realize what you want in a relationship and find that then that won't drive you to a point of sadness either.

Me for example.

My job is steady, I am good at it and get paid decent and definitely make enough to support myself and am also saving. Nothing to be sad about there.

I have my wife and we get along, don't fight, joke around and I don't cheat so I don't feel guilty. We're steady. Nothing to be sad about.

I have a car, don't have to worry about not having a ride to work and have money saved in case it breaks down. Nothing to be sad about there.

My credit is good right now so nothing to be sad about there.

This wasn't the case five years ago and I was a bit pist at life. I"m growing up and me and my wife are a bit more responsible and well we have more to be happy about?. Not sure if that makes sense.
>>
>>18510401
Distractions? I mean people can have fun. You can be sad generally but not sad all the time.
>>
>>18510377
I'm mostly happy. Great home, great wife, great kid. I just can't find a good job. Right now I can't find any job. I don't let it ruin everything but it gets to me now and then.

The key for me is being genuinely comfortable with myself. I don't care how I dress or if people judge what I say. I don't concern myself with appearing good enough to people who are miserable. I don't feel dumb or ugly or anything else. How did I get this way? No clue.
>>
>>18510377
I don't even know anymore
>>
>>18510401
I guarantee when someone looks at you they don't think you look sad. We are all emotional walls to each other.

We call this flaw "comparing your inside to others' outside". The point is that it is totally unfair to yourself to judge the way you feel against the way it LOOKS like someone else feels, because we all keep a calm face despite what's actually going on emotionally. Somewhere a depressed person has looked at you and thought you calm, stable, and together, and used that comparison to fuel his own downward spiral.
>>
>>18510442
Best answer
>>
>>18510377
Everyone has stuff to deal with, but "healthy" people don't get anxious ,stressed or sad about their stuff.
>>
>>18510377
The more stupid, the happier.

Dumb people have no big thoughts on their head, therefore, no reason to be sad/depressed, they have no idea on whats going on in the world and only care about insignificant stuff.
>>
>>18510377
Just because everyone on your Chinese birdwatching websites are sad doesn't mean that normal people are.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.