[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stood Up My Girlfriend for Family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Tonight's been a difficult pill to swallow. I just discovered this board and I need to know I'm not fucking up because I feel like I just fucked up.
I'm 23 years old, south asian dude, fatherless, strict indian mom/family, no college degree. Just been job hopping but broke since 2012 and currently in a relationship. My girlfriend paid for my flight ticket to LA where she would pay half of months rent for sharing the apartment with her roommates and help me find a job asap. The problem was I'm a Canadian and she's an immigrant in the U.S.
For weeks since I mentioned this to my mom she's been going ape shit guilt tripping me, arguing, fighting. I've been asked to pay 750/mo "When you have the money" To help with the mortgage payments and to keep my room. I haven't been able to hold a stable job after getting fired from a job I worked 4 years full-time in the city. Rest of my family haven't been much support in my past in terms of ambitions, my future, and freedom. They tell me, "You leave and we become homeless."
I was supposed to be picked up at the airport tonight at LAX but I didn't make it due to my clingy family. I can't seem to level with them. "You leave, you lose us and your family." I had to cope with my sobbing girlfriend for hours now and she wishes I had come but her heart's pure; She forgave me, slept in the bed she made for us, cried a bit more and fell asleep. Now I'm regretting not going and taking the chance I got.
A part of me just wants to get a greyhound ticket out of this toxic wasteland and another part doesn't want to be the shit son. Where should I go?
>>
>>18509208
Look bro I know the feeling a couple years ago I left my parents house to going the army, during my deployment I met this Korean girl and it was just perfect, but onE day I received a call from my mother saying that I would not stay at Korea and that she wanted me back, I refused and she said that if I stayed I would not be her son anymore. Even thoe it hurt I decided that if my mother wanted to control my life I was better off without her so I gave her my phone number and said goodbye. It's been 2 years since I stayed in Korea and I don't regret it my mom got back to me 2 months ago saying sorry
>>
>>18509208
Your family will always be there anon. Go now, be with this awesome chick who is willing to pay for your shit and love you. You have some apologizing to do!
>>
>fuck over family for thot
>>
So this is my opinion.

Your going there not just for a free meal. It to start a new life. There are many services that can help your family and there will come a time when you need to start your own family. Maybe going to LA will give you something to start a new life... a better life and by doing so could one day help your family in better ways the. You ever could right now.

Go to LA Now ! Or spend a life time wondering what could have been.

A family is suppose to provide you with the tools you need in life so that when they are gone you can live, possibly start a family, and repeat.

You have to go and just know no matter what the outcome this is something you can grow from.
>>
>>18509208
Asian here. I get you. Well OP, it's going to be tough. You're not going to like this, but my advice to you is to be selfish. Recognize that if you choose to be with your girlfriend, it is indeed a selfish decision. Once you acknowledge this, it will be harder for your family to try and guilt you. So be selfish. But don't be heartless. Tell your mom you'll call/send money once you're settled.

Semirelated- have you seen The Big Sick?
>>
>>18509208
get out of this shit and come back once you have matured to deal with your toxic family
>>
>>18509208
i wish nothing but the best for you, anon. your girlfriend has a heart of gold and you have an even head about you.
>>
>>18509505
Thanks. Yeah that's what I plan too. They've become overdramatic even with the mere idea of me doing what I plan. I recall my sister doing the same thing and she literally pinned her down to the ground when she tried to leave with her luggage. She's 28 now, single, still works a shit job and is in debt from a private university.
>>
Your girlfriend is cucking you in the long term. Just leave her.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.