[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I know this question comes around here and there but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Taco_Bell_tacos_1.jpg (151KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Taco_Bell_tacos_1.jpg
151KB, 500x333px
Hey /adv/ I know this question comes around here and there but I would like some extra input

So I signed up for welding school, but I have to retake a math test by September 25th. It's mostly pre alegbra stuff that I'm going to be working with so I think I can do it but of course I'm beyond terrible at math
Basically I never went to school and my parents didn't teach me - infavt the one time I was being taught math my mom asked the person to stop.

I know to do Khan academy but is there anything else I should be looking into? I truly don't understand the first thing about fractions, I'm ok with graphs, ok with percentages.
Thank you for listening
>Tldr shitty parents never learned math, can't do fractions can percentages and graphs okish
>Math test in about 2 months for pre alegbra welding stuff
>Terrified I won't pass, working with Khan and considering a tutor
Any general advice would be appreciated
>>
I'm honestly not trying to be an asshole, but how can you possibly not understand fractions if you understand percentages? What's confusing you about them - adding fractions together, multiplying them, dividing them?

Honestly, dude, if you buckle down you can absolutely learn this stuff in two months. It's simply not that hard or complicated. I don't know how smart you are but I can tell you're at least reasonably intelligent from how you write. Plenty of people dumber than you have learned this shit. Your biggest hurdle will probably be getting over that initial mental block of "I don't know how to do this, I'm terrible at math" - you're not "terrible at math" any more than you're terrible at playing the trombone. You've probably never had the opportunity to learn, but you'd be no worse than the next guy at it if you picked one up, given a few months of practice.
>>
Have you tried explaining to the instructors your education background? They're a trade school, their goal is to get you gainfully employed, not let you get fucked by the system. They'll either tutor you to the level of math you need, or have an exception made for testing if you do well everywhere else.
>>
>>18509166
Well most questions I have to do that involve percentages I seem to understand.
I don't understand adding fractions at all.

Thanks again for the help
>>
>>18509138
Can you add?
Can you subtract?
Can you multiply and divide?
If not, can you work a pocket calculator?

What percent is 3/4?
Which is larger, 3/8 or 1/2?

Congratulations. You passed.
>>
>>18509138
Go to the library and ask the librarian where the you can find books on math for your niece. Tell her she's 8 and needs help with fractions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.