[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine seems to think I'm addicted to psychedelics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: machine-elf.png (2MB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
machine-elf.png
2MB, 894x894px
A friend of mine seems to think I'm addicted to psychedelics. He's thought this since I started talking to him about my trips, and it's been quite difficult to illustrate to him the reality of it. It's not possible for me to trip daily or even weekly, because of the tolerance. Even if I could, I wouldn't. Even if I would, tripping is not an escape. Not really. If anything I'm more worried about my problems while on a trip than I am sober. I make sure of it, because I don't want to use it recreationally. Only therapeutically, or creatively. I don't do harder drugs, I don't smoke weed, I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't even drink caffeine, but to him I'm a drug addict.

Part of the problem is that he happened to call me while I was tripping on the 4th. Of course, I was constantly trailing off, super self-conscious, and pretty giggly, but he spoke to me like a dissapointed parent. He asked if anyone had staged an intervention for me. And I was just confused at the time, but it really kind of irks me. I could live with him thinking that I'm a drug addict, but I just hate the fact that he has no clue what addiction is, if he thinks me tripping every few months is that. He asked me if I tried to quit, and it just felt like he had no idea what he was on about. No I don't need it, but yes I'm going to do it more in the future. It's something that helps me a lot. I could live without it, but why would I? And this just comes across to him, as idk denial? The concept of "denial" is this rabbit hole of accusation somehow always being true.

It just sucks. He has no clue what he's talking about, and it leaves me frustrated. Especially when I've seen actual addiction. Blowing what $30 maybe on tabs every few months, that's not life destroying or controlling. How could I ever explain this to him?
>>
You can't unless you get him to trip with you.
Tell him to not knock it until he tried it and tell him to do some research on psychedelics.
There is no reason you should be doing it every couple of months, even that can have long term consequences on your brain. Not bad if you eat an eighth or take a few tabs a year though.
>>
>>18508556
I wish I could man. The weird thing is that this is a guy that tripping reminds me of intensely. The kinds of conversations we'd have, he seems well suited to it. But he seems pretty opposed. Who knows.

There is just not enough evidence on the long term effects of psychedelics for me to try to limit it based on that. There are people who have spent their lives tripping many times and never went into that whole permanent psychosis thing. I tend to think that those people were going to end up crazy with or without psychedelics. Schizophrenia being degenerative adds to that in my mind. And if I am a schizo, I'd rather find out sooner. In my experience, trips only go poorly when either you are in the wrong mindset, or the wrong environment, or with the wrong people. And I know what I'm getting myself into for the most part by now, so it all seems honestly safer to me than anything else.

A trip every now and then to explore myself and the world around me is awesome. I'm going to keep it up.
>>
>>18508592
I guess i see your point at least you know the risks.
Some people oppose drugs because of too much propaganda and not enough knowledge.
If you can't get him to accept it you should probably not mention it around him.
>>
>>18508531
>addicted to psychedelics
physically impossible for many scientifically verifiable reasons. your friend is a fool
>>
>>18508615
Yeah I stopped bringing it up when he seemed to be dissapointed initially. He happens to be in Syria right now, with the army. So I'm trying to be pretty pleasant, and he's honestly one of the most level headed army guys I've ever met. Just not on this issue. And one of the few times he ever calls, it's during a trip. Just my luck. So it became a pretty relevant topic in our last few conversations.

>>18508636
I mean, I know it's impossible. He doesn't. And yeah, he's a fool about this, but the general public as a whole is pretty clueless about psychedelics. I still like the guy, I wish I could get it across to him.
>>
If he's never tripped then he's merely speaking out of ignorance for the most part, as you need to trip to understand psychedelics are not simply a drug that one takes for pleasure.

It's also worth asking yourself why you're taking psychedelics as well however. If you're taking them just for a good time then you should reconsider your motives but if you're taking them for spiritual reasons then it's best for you to reach a point where you no longer require them and establish a regular spiritual practice. I used to trip weekly to sometimes bi-weekly for spiritual reasons looking for answers. I came to the point where I realized tripping could only get me so far however and took up Bhakti-Yoga.
>>
>>18508927
I take them because I think differently when I use them. If I can put myself in situations where I'm thinking in new ways, I can then compare those times to what I might do regularly, and discover the disparity. From there I can really discover myself, but not only myself. I find it easier to look objectively at anything when I can look at it through two different lenses.

I wouldn't say I use them recreationally or spiritually. I wouldn't say that I particularly enjoy my trips either, but I come out of them with new observations or pieces of wisdom each time. I enjoy the person I am, and the knowledge I hold after tripping.
>>
>>18508531
Some people with moral objections to "drugs" will never find any use for "narcotic" substance. And you can use logic and reason and wave peer reviewed research about the benefits of psychedelic drugs and he'll still just assume his air of moral superiority because drugs are bad.

You can try to reason with him, but since he seems like he's not even trying to understand your side, I doubt you'll get anywhere with it. Some people are too stupid for their own good.
>>
Is this the druggie circlejerk?
>>
>>18510112
It's a psychedelic circlejerk. Tell us your thoughts
>>
File: Smells like Heaven.jpg (96KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
Smells like Heaven.jpg
96KB, 1024x706px
>>18510468
You wouldn't wanna hear em since the only high I get is a runner's high.
>>
>>18510489
Nah I genuinely want to hear them. I like to hear opposing viewpoints.
>>
>>18511496
I think most drugs, outside of dealing with crippling pain or major medical operations, are a waste of what we are. I rarely drink and never binge either. I've never been curious or interested and will never understand why someone would willingly pollute their body, fatties be damned as well. Regardless of your thoughts on Christianity, you cannot refute it has many valuable lessons. Treating your body as a temple of God is one of them.
There are so many vices in the world. Why would I want to voluntarily add one to my life?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.