[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help an anxious extreme introvert do well at an interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: very sad pepe.jpg (16KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
very sad pepe.jpg
16KB, 399x388px
So here's the situation : I'm extremely anxious all the time, to the point where I can't normally go outside of my house except to go to school, and I panic if I have to do anything else outside that's different from that. I don't have any working experience, and I'm 22 ; my resume is a page long, even a bit shorter.

Magically though, I got an interview for a job, which I kind of need. It's a high skilled job as an intern in a lawyer firm, and I don't know how to do an interview and do it well. I don't talk to other people well (I'm nervous, can't look at them, I sometimes have palpitations, especially if I do something outside of my routine), I can't explain why I haven't been employment before then, and I don't have a suit with a tie to wear to the interview and can't buy one. What should I do? I'm lost, can anyone help me do well?
>>
Cut the bullshit you're there because you want the job so be honest with whoever is interviewing you and tell them why having you as part of their workplace would be beneficial to them
>>
>>18508550

I honestly can't really justify that. My grades are above average at best, so how do I justify that I'm an asset if I don't have prior work experience as well? Would just saying what I'm interested in or what classes I've taken in a subject be good enough a justification?
>>
>>18508550

How does on do that?
>>
You will hate this idea, but practice your interview and prepare. If you are in school still most colleges offer free help on resumes and interview practice. Research common questions and really read up on the company so you can tie your answers into their core values and what the company is about.

You will be less anxious if you prepare.
>>
>>18508889

I looked on the internet for the most asked questions for internship interviews, and I got some answers prepared for them, but they aren't that good, since I'd like to keep honest. Though I already have a resume and applied to the place, and they asked to interview me. I actually followed my college guide to make my resume, but since I don't have any experience, my resume is much shorter (one page) than the two page they recommend.

I have anxiety just by going outside. I normally don't go outside my house ever, I'm very close to being a NEET.

Do you think just showing up with black pants, a clean white shirt and maybe a tie is enough? I'd like to have a full suit, but I don't own one.
>>
Fuck the job, you need to see a doctor and a therapist and get on medication with therapy.
>>
File: reversed.png (532KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
reversed.png
532KB, 351x500px
>>18508515
"It's simple, Champ: Head on in there, speak with the manager, look him in the eye, and give him a firm handshake."
>>
General advice from a reformed social anxiety sufferer. This will be very hard but pay attention to the other person. In everything. What you'll do it be too self conscious, so look at them and watch them carefully. Think about them not you.

Also, pick someone that makes you anxious (but not too anxious that you can't do it) and start doing it as part of your routine. As simple as spending 10 minutes walking around your neighborhood. Slowly work up to harder shit.

I'm rooting for you man if I can do it you can too, stay strong!
>>
>>18509034

Thanks, I'll try doing that during the interview. I feel like I'm about to die though.

>>18508975

Well I can't really afford that, especially not before the interview.
>>
Slight bump : if the interviewer asks for my biggest weakness, or talks about them in general, I don't know what to answer. Obviously, I don't want to lie, but saying it's anxiety would definitely prevent me from ever getting the job. But is stress management and obsessive tendencies better? It's not a lie, it's the truth, just without the bad stuff associated with anxiety.
>>
What collared shirts do you have?
Wear a collared shirt, maybe with a tie but only if it's coordinated and your good at knots.
Wear dress pants and shoes. Like black slacks and leather shoes.
Shave/trim your face etc, groom nice.
Iron your fucking shirt. Maybe wear a nice jacket if you dont have a suit jacket.
You will probably need to do allot more job interviews before you get the "one". It's a numbers game, like dating. force confidence lol.

Accept the fact you may not get the job and it's okay, but don't think negatively. Think positively without getting your hopes up. Push forward FUCKING engage!
>>
>>18509384

It's a white collared shirt, something you'd wear if you had a suit. I don't have a jacket or suit.

I wish I could do more interviews, but I have to get an internship before the end of august, and I still don't have one, nor do I have time to play a number's game. This one interview is probably one of the only ones I'll get.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.