[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend's doctor found malignant cells on her ear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1490908085725.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1490908085725.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
My girlfriend called today and said she's got cancer. Her doctor had taken a biopsy of a sore on her outer ear a few weeks ago and they just got back to her today. Apparently, the reason they took so long is because they've never seen anything like it before. They sent the slides and photos to a medical conference and none of the doctors knew what was going on, either. Now it's being sent to a university in California. It was just on her ear as far as they know, but they just have never seen this type of thing before.

What the fuck? Please, tell me someone else has experienced something like this. She says she's really scared but she just jumps to worst case scenarios, and that she's hopeful they just need to cut a chunk of her ear off.

I don't know what the hell I'll do if they come back to her and tell her she's only got a few months or weeks to live or something insane like that. She's too fucking young, she's only 23 years old. This is insane.
>>
It's cancer, that is a big thing - skin cancer though on her ear, and yes, hopefully and WORST case scenario she loses an ear. She was going to die someday either way. Don't be scared and don't scare her.
>>
>>18507685
I've put on a brave face and haven't freaked out in front of her. She knows I'm worried.

The thing I'm mostly scared about is that the doctors, the people who are supposed to know about this shit, have no clue what it is and have never seen anything like it before. They put it up at a conference and none of the doctors THERE knew, either. Now they're sending it off to a research center at a university. That's the part that has me silently freaked out.
>>
>>18507685
>Please, tell me someone else has experienced something like this.
Obviously, 10 million people die of cancer every year. It's the second most common cause of death after heart disease. And yes it effects young people too.
>>
>>18507696
New types of cancer are discovered every year. If it hasn't spread they may be able to just surgically removed the tumors. If it has then that rather limits the treatment and it may be only a matter of time until the cancer leads to organ failure and death.
>>
>>18507697
See my above post. I know cancer is a pretty common thing- my mom's had it, my grandfather has it, etc etc

The thing I'm freaked out about is that these doctors have never seen anything like what's going on with my girlfriend. I wanted to know if anyone ever had a situation like that, where the doctors had no idea what it could be at first. It's this whole unknown thing that worries me- if she just came to me and said "Hey I've got melanoma on my ear, they have to cut some of my ear off or do radiotherapy etc etc" then I wouldn't be as scared for her as I am right now
>>
>>18507696
The best thing you can do is take it to more doctors.
>>
>>18507799
Luckily, her mom knows a lot of people so she's looking up some of the best dermatologists in the area and wants a second opinion.

My girlfriend also said that her doctor will let her know what the next steps are in 2 weeks. So I guess I just need to be tough for her for the next couple of weeks so we're not both completely losing our minds. She's really frightened.
>>
>>18507680
New kind of cancer or not, a lot is known about them in general. If it developed only on her ear they can cut it off and it'll be done. Though the ear has a good bloodflow through it, so they have to check if it didn't spread. But don't worry. Even if they are perplexed they'll try to act quickly to cure it. It'll be fine. It's just an ear. There are thousands of places where it could have happened and literally any would be worse. Good luck to you both, keep us posted and calm down. They wouldn't sit on their asses debating if it was really really urgent.
>>
>>18507900
That helps. Thanks for the words anon. I guess at this point it's just about putting on a brave face for her and not to make it worse by worrying too much
>>
>>18507900
>There are thousands of places where it could have happened and literally any would be worse.
Did you know that the cancer with the best prognosis is actually testicular. Less than 1 in 100 people diagnosed with it die, which makes sense since it's rather easy to just remove. Hopefully your gfs condition will be similar.
>>
File: 1496543804342.jpg (75KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
1496543804342.jpg
75KB, 750x725px
>>18507680
Van Gogh is famous. And try not to panic. Go to the absolute best hospital in your area regardless of if you can afford it. They do a lot of charity. Mayo Clinic.
>>
>>18507680
My mother had breast cancer, some metastasis on other organs while also having parkinsons disease. They couldn't give her the full dose for chemotherapy because it would interfere with the medicine for parkinsons. The cancer went away perfectly.

Thinking about my mom having cancer made me freak out when the diagnosis came so I suppressed all the thoughs about what could happen and just focused on her present state. I mean she wasn't dying right now, I could see that.

Your GF has enough reason herself to freak out. You should take your mind off of what could happen for now. YOU are healthy, you should be the guy who cheers on her, keeps her optimistic and sane. When she she's you freaking the fuck out you're of no help
>>
Proof or get the fuck out
>>
>>18508052
>>18508001
Yeah, from what I've read is that cancer is nowadays far less deadly than it used to be and that skin cancer isn't as dangerous as, say, cervical cancer.

Armed with this knowledge and all your guys encouragement I think I can be there for her and not be freaking out. Thanks a lot, I mean that
>>
>>18507994
Huh, didn't know that. I was rating the places on a how easy would it be to just cut it off and how well would you do without the part. I'd definitely give a piece of my ear instead of a testicle.

>>18507952
No problem mate.
>>
>>18508107
Hey, you've got two for a reason.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.