[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobs straight out of college with a Humanities major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1420947080970.png (289KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1420947080970.png
289KB, 704x400px
Hey /adv/, I just finished college last month with a History major.

I got a 45k debt, and I'm planning on studying to get my teaching credential within the next 2 years.

Problem is, I need to find a job to make ends meet at least for the next year. I don't know what to look for as my only previous work experience was as a security guard at large events like concerts, at my uni's kitchen, and an internship I had in a museum's education department that I might not get a rec from cause I was dumb with my networking there.

What types of jobs should I look for, I just want something that pays above minimum wage, and hopefully as far away from the food industry as I can.

I'm also not very /fit/ so hard physical labor is out of the question
>>
>>18507010
>history major
>45k debt
Lord help you. Work for a school I guess, most schools are desperate for teachers, which explains why our education system is so shit.
>>
>>18507010
wew dude fell for the history meme
>>
>>18507010
I don't know if it's a possibility in your country, but you could try to work as a tutor.
>>
lol I got a history degree too

gl it sucks ass. I work at a call center
>>
>>18507010
Administrative Assistant - answer phones take messages - all corporation have then. Just don't say - I'm filling time before going back to school.
>>
Literally anything that someone with an administration associates could do. Could we please stop lying to children about non-STEM higher education. An interest needs a library, the internet, and a little willpower not 4 years of debt.
>>
If you have any kind of support system, see can you get an internship in a marketing agency. You don't need a marketing/business qualification to get this.

If not, go for admin roles.
>>
>>18507010
You got one of those meme degrees where the only thing you can do with it is teach others that also fell for the meme subject. It's like a pyramid scheme
>>
>>18507010
>tfw did a degree in law
>tfw everyone was telling me that I'm gonna end up working at McD's
>tfw now I have a middle class/upper middle class salary, while they are lower class and have to raise kids
>tfw no debt, lots of connections, respected by people
>>
>>18507192
Law isn't a meme degree like history is
>>
>>18507197

thanks for the advice guys, I knew going in history was a meme degree, but after failing the first 3 and 1/3 years of college doing STEM I had to switch to something I could finish in a total of 5 years as an undergrad.

History was the quickest way to getting a degree.
>>
>>18507197
Lots of jobless people with a degree in law in my country.
>>
>>18507211
Just because it's over saturated doesn't mean it's inherently a meme
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.