[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to be with someone you don't respect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_osuezvj52s1smg72ko1_1280.png (466KB, 688x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osuezvj52s1smg72ko1_1280.png
466KB, 688x666px
My bf is cute, good to me and loves me very much. I just don't think he's that smart of fun to be around. I dont get this feeling of "I'm really proud he's with me". I recently found myself avoiding dates with him because I have more fun stuff to do and I'm afraid it won't get any better. What do?
>>
Break up with him so you're both able to look for better matches than each other.

If you don't care about dignity or honor, keep him around and cheat and stuff.
>>
>>18506404
Realize that being single is valid option you can choose.
>girls value isnt determined by her bf

Break up. Simply as that. I bet you are horny teen anyway.
>>
>>18506404
>"I'm really proud he's with me"
Me too OP and that won't change. I want a guy that everyone wants or wants to be like but he's mine.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
I was like your bf about 5 years ago when I was in high school, clueless and naive kid and had this puppy love for my first gf. She just flat out told me she cheated on me and wants to break up because "I am too good and boring for her taste". This spiraled me into mad depression, I cried about it for few years.

I think I got over it 3 years later, and looking back, I am thankful she was honest, because otherwise I wouldn't only be sad but also clueless about why did she do it.

Just dump him immediately, tell him as honest as you can why you are not interested ("you are not my type after all etc.") and cut ties. Don't let him come back to you or keep him as a friend. If he is sad about it, be polite and say you are sorry but you have to do this, don't be rude either.

Trust me you'll do him a favour and he will eventually start a path of self-improval and find himself in a happy relationship later. If you were to be unhappy and ambigious and hope he will lose interest, he will just start thinking that he needs to behave differently or something, but when you are full honest, he just knows that it's more about your preference for a certain type than his behavior.
>>
>>18506404
>find out gf had slutty past
>embarrassed in public knowing other people must know and laughing at me
>even my family heard rumors
>I want a woman I can be proud of
>female friends and sister tell me I'm being unreasonable
>hanging in there but my life is misery
>>
Problem is we're both not very young (I'm 26, he's 31) and we've been together for quite some time now (about 5 years). At this age you actually wonder whether you have time for looking for someone better or if you're gonna stay alone forever.

The "It's not great but he's good to me and he doesn't cheat" sort of thinking.
>>
>>18506508
In that case maybe try talking to him about it and see if there's anything you can to do make it work? If it turns out there isn't then tough luck.
>>
>>18506433
That's not something that's ever going to change, even if she does regret it, so if it bothers you that much leave her.
>>
>>18506519
We talked about it numerous times. I told him how I need to have an interesting conversation now and then. I tried to make him watch what I find interesting for me and he said "It was okay" every time. Convinced him to read two or three books I found valuable. Asked him to go places. Each time he smiled meekly and did it... you know. For me.
But if I stop pushing, it stops.
>>
I'm in the same situation OP, except it's my GF who's boring and ugly. But I'm also boring and ugly myself, so I know I'm not going to do better, we're both equally worthless losers so that's the best it's gonna get.
Assess yourself and see if you can, in fact, do better. If not then think of whether you'd rather be alone or with a shitty partner.
>>
Are you bringing out the best in each other? That is the question that relationship vs being single is all about.
>>
>>18506556
Good question! I honestly feel like I don't have to do anything when I'm by his side, I don't have to be fun or interesting, I don't have to be smart or shave legs or whatever I just have to be there ready to watch tv series, cuddle and have my boobs groped.

I love him in a way... but I'm so tired of being the sole driving force of this relationship.
>>
>>18506433
>woman say it's ok for a woman to be a tramp even if it makes the man miserable
Every. Fucking. Time.
Dump her anon you can't make a ho a housewife.
>>
>>18506546
Maybe you should try to adapt to his interests. He does have some interests right?
>>
>>18506592
All I get from other women is the dismissive retort they had to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince. Here's what's crazy though. Women know who the sluts are way before a man does and they will do the attacking but let a man attack then the women attack him and defend the slut.

But yeah, I know she's a ho and almost emotionally numb enough to walk away.
>>
>>18506602
When we met he said his hobby is photography. I was super excited because I'm a graphic designer myself and I love art. I had those silent dreams that we're gonna do awesome collabs together and I was joking about being his muse.
But he doesn't really do it. He owns an expensive camera and most of the photo he takes is an effect of me nagging him for weeks.
He likes video games. This is perfect - I work in game development and vidiya is MY LIFE. But he doesn't really have anything interesting to say about it except "Have you read X on Kotaku". YES I HAVE.
He likes superhero movies. I like superhero movies. I've wrtten my 60 page long bachelors degree diplomma on Batman. He says "That scene was kickass ey?"
He likes Star Wars and I like Star Wars and we talk about Star Wars being cool. I beat his ass at X-Wing.

I just... don't know.
>>
>>18506636
He sounds like a run run-of-the-mill normal guy to me. If you can accept that he's kind of boring and instead focus on him being a nice person that loves you, I think it could keep being a fine relationship. Personality is usually more important in the end than interests. You can have all the fun with friends who share your interests (not in a shallow level but deeply). That said, as someone who has a lot of passion, I don't think I could live forever with someone I can't truly share my passion with. I'm a developer and I'm crazy about games as well, but then I think this might be a problem with our people in general.
>>
>>18506697
I'm sure you know then that working in game dev includes being surrounded by creative people who have to learn new things constantly. He really stands out and I'm just dying inside a bit when I take him to parties and me and my friends have tons of fun talking about art, new engines, traveling, books, etc and he's just there browsing his phone being tired (unless he gets drunk and goofs around).
>>
>>18506636

You're just an elitist cunt, imo. Sorry.

Either you stay with this man and you have a happy, "boring" marriage or you decide that you need "more excitement" and you'll dick hop for the next decade until you're a dried up woman nearing 40 who doesn't have anyone to care for her or give her children.

Your choice, OP. Someone who is "fun fun fun" or someone who loves you.

You said it: you're a "game developer" (though that nowadays means jack shit, sorry). You know the typical people in the industry now. Do you really want to suck off one of those geeks daily? That's your future if you want someone that shares all of your interests.
>>
>>18506404
Keep him around so that you aren't single (scarlet L on forehead) but keep your eyes open and sample the market to find a better bf. It's not cheating if there's a chance the guy you're fucking will be your new bf, and it's important to sample the goods before making a decision. You wouldn't want to go from this bf to anither boring one or one who isn't good in bed: you need an upgrade.
>>
>>18506744
Yeah, I feel you. I know this is /adv/ but I can't give you any better advice. What to do now is about what you value more and up to your own choice. Good luck
>>
>>18506782
>It's not cheating if there's a chance the guy you're fucking will be your new bf

I don't think that's how it works. Is it?
>>
>>18506787
"Cheating" is when you do something wrong.
Sampling the goods to make a better informed decision about something important in life is just prudent.
>>
>>18506770
Ok but my bf doesn't want childern so your point isn't really valid... That's one of the reasons why I'm wondering about our future together... He's not the "good simple husband" type too... When I was moving to a new flat my dad had to help me with all the repairs because my bf "owns a drill but never used it" (his own words)
>>18506782
I have a lot of guys approaching me on conferences and so on but I REALLY do not want to do this or think this way... He had a gf cheat on him bofore and I would loathe myself for doing something like that. I will not look at any other men while being with him....
>>
>>18506782
Get your stupid monkey-branching ass out of here.
>>
>>18506782
t. women in general
>>
File: 38024678.png (469KB, 712x648px) Image search: [Google]
38024678.png
469KB, 712x648px
>>18506432
couldn't be better advice
>>
>>18507242
He's already done tons of self improvement and I think that what I find annoying is just rooted very deeply within his personality. He tries his best but this isn't something you can fix.
>>
>>18506585
Oooh, that's... not good, honestly. You should be with someone who makes you want to improve. You sound like you're dying of boredom. Some people like boredom. You don't.

You might flourish more on your own (let alone in a more stimulating relationship) than spending your days with a guy who's the human equivalent of a stick with googly eyes on it.
>>
>>18506404
No, it's not. T. Girl who pretended to have social anxiety because boyfriend was horrendous and it was social and personal suicide to be with him. I didn't want to be seen anywhere with him. It was cringe and fucking humiliating. Beware of autists.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.