[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bipolar support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20170709-WA0015.jpg (70KB, 633x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170709-WA0015.jpg
70KB, 633x657px
Hi all,

Close friend of mine has been diagnosed bipolar. She's really struggling and phone calls can be very difficult.

Anyone suffer? Or known someone? How can I best support her? Does hearing about stuff in my life help, or should I prompt her to talk? She can be one word answers sometimes and it's hard to carry that on.

Please help!
>>
>>18506242
School be hard and difficult. My ex was a schizo and I had no idea until she told me to stop talking to the person to my left. It's only us in the room. Shit was crazy in her personally just snapped it was really draining. Missing you could do is support her to go visit a doc and get some meds. The meds helped but I couldn't stay any longer in the relationship. Two months with her, the first month was great and the second one was TOXIC!!!
>>
>>18506365
Not in school. I'm working and she quit her job. She's a friend, not anything more. I want to support her. She's kind of rejecting the diagnosis, but she's taking the pills, not sure how long she's been on them.

I expect it's going to be draining and take time, but I will help her. I just need help on how.
>>
get as far as fuck away and never look back. can't fix crazy.
>>
>>18506242
Bipolar people need to locked up in the crazy zoo and beaten with a burlap sack full of onions, every hour, on the hour, until they are normal.
Red onions will not work.
>>
>>18506473
>>18506453
>Le edgy
>>
Bump for support!
>>
Bipolar people just need your support. Be there for them in all of their states. The last thing she needs is the idea that you're not wanting to be her friend because of this. Do you know what type she is? Give the DSM-5 a small peek on her disorder.
>>
>>18507431
Will read up on it, thank you.

I was wondering what sort of things to talk about on the phone with her, and in person when I get to.

I was wondering if me wittering on at random was good and wait for her to talk about and open up, or whether I need to draw it out of her?
>>
>>18507648
You're answering your own question. The thing you most want to talk about with her is you and yourself. (Bit narcissistic buddy, threads about her not you)

People love to talk about themselves. So ask her questions about herself, watch her reactions to certain things. Dive deeper into subjects, even if you don't know what the fuck she's talking about, just pick at her brain and be genuinely interested.
>>
dude, shes still a human being... dont treat her differently because you found out about a fucking disorder...

Focusing on this bipolar thing will make it become a larger part of life. She has to manage it, and the best way is to just affirm to yourself and fully believe that you are a normal healthy person.

So having a friend that treats her so is kind of a big deal.

I was diagnosed with BPD 4 years ago. Two years ago I just decided to stop thinking about "I'm sooooo depressed, SOB" and shit got better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.