[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the fact you may be mentally ill? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Rickhimselflol.png (2MB, 1906x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rickhimselflol.png
2MB, 1906x1080px
How do you deal with the fact you may be mentally ill? I have no reason to be sad other than the fact I'm very lonely, life consist of going to work, coming home to play pubg, then sleeping. I feel like an ungrateful shit because currently my life is great but because I have no one to cuddle at night I don't see a reason to live. I understand you can't find fulfillment in others, but I've tried everything spiritually regarding fulfillment, I think it may be better to keep chasing..

Also, there's no way I could avoid mental issues, I grew up in a violent household, both parents mentally fucked.
>>
>>18505650
Honestly, you will never be happy for long in a relationship if you are not happy with yourself. Go see a counselor and start exercising as just walking will trick your brain into thinking it is happy.
>>
File: Rickmad.png (693KB, 848x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rickmad.png
693KB, 848x1080px
>>18505656

That's terrible fucking advice, the release from exercise only works for so long until the chemical imbalance in your brain turns it into another habit, then you just feel like pushing weights and if you don't you feel in even worse.

t. me going to the gym every other day already.
>>
>>18505662
Have you considered the possibility that it might be an addiction?
Alcoholism isn't the only addiction out there, and it kinda sounds to me like you have a sex or love addiction.
I don't know much about your situation, but if I could prescribe anything, it would be to get to know yourself and deal with your past before you consider a relationship.
>>
File: Grabs.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Grabs.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>18505685

If that was even remotely true I would probably have more than two failed relationships.
>>
>>18505662
going to the gym =/= walking
you retard.
>>
>>18505696
Love addiction doesn't necessarily mean having a lot of relationships.
As a recovering addict, I can tell you that being a love addict really means that you're carrying emotions from your parents, often because you were neglected.That causes you to you use relationships to fill an empty hole in your heart. It's not a happy existence.
The hardest step of all the 12 steps is the first: Admitting you have a problem. In my opinion (and that of leading relationship psychologists like Patrick Carnes), you must understand yourself and your history before you can ever lead a truly happy relationship.
>>
File: 1499135520993.png (546KB, 862x658px) Image search: [Google]
1499135520993.png
546KB, 862x658px
stop posting reddit and morty faggot
>>
>>18505650
How good was your mother with you when you were 0-4yrs? Did your father encourage and support you as you grew up?
I'm guessing not from your statement about your household -- but it's important to know.

As someone that has worked with therapists, I'd say 90% of "mental illness's" is just something wrong with the person's life rather than their head. If you don't have good personal relationships you're going to feel like shit (unless you're in the .1% of most introverted people on earth.) Start with friends, bloody acquaintances will do to start. Easy as finding someone to play pubg with a lot, start there ("easy"). Once you have a few semi-stable friendships try and find one that you can seriously talk to and listens. You may have to listen to them first. Talk to them. Once you can start handling a more serious friendship, try online dating (or whatever.) Don't dedicate at first, say you'll spend 2 years just starting relationships to get comfortable. Once you've done that start seriously looking for someone to spend your life with.

Sorry if I got a bit preachy! If you have follow up comments/questions let me know.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.