[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the upsides/downsides of living in Canada? Nice people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: can.jpg (218KB, 2346x1885px) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
218KB, 2346x1885px
What are the upsides/downsides of living in Canada?
Nice people? Cold climate? Long winters?
I'm seriously considering emigrating and I've already saved up money to do it.
>>
>>18504399
Emigration is long painful expensive process where you leave everything and everybody behind you.

Andbif you havent noticed, canada is huge as fuck country. Same as usa. So unless you say concrete towns or at least states, we cant tell you anything except
>>>/int/ memes like
>a fucking leaf

Why do you want to move states?
>>
>>18504399

>Why do you want to move states?

I'm moving countries not states. I live in Europe currently. The main reason for it is money/opportunity and to start a life on my own. I can't name concrete places, all I know is I'd like to avoid the predominantly French ones and to go for the best climate.
>>
>>18504511
>the best climate.
>in canada
moron
>>
>>18504511
You should do it the other way around.
1. Get a job in canada
2. Enjoy working visa hell
3. Stay in canada for few years
Then decide.

The hardest part is ussualy the 1.
>>
>>18504511
>I live in Europe currently
stay in europe ahmed.
>>
I live on Vancouver Island and it's great, been here 13 years now. Gets down to about -5 in the winter, maybe 30 in the summer. We have oceans, mountains, snow, even a desert in the interior. People are nice and don't kill each other. Only downside is housing is a little expensive right now, average 1 bedroom rental is between 1200 - 1400 Canadian a month.
>>
File: canada-population-line-map.png (104KB, 646x376px) Image search: [Google]
canada-population-line-map.png
104KB, 646x376px
>>18504917
How does it get that cold on Vancouver Island? I live in Bellingham, WA, which isn't that far away from you, and I've only seen a couple of days that got down to freezing.
Also, are you a Hapa? We hear from adventurers and trade caravans that everyone in BC is Hapa, that BC is the new Hapa Homeland, and that crossing the border into BC will cause us to turn into Hapas. Are Hapas like hobbits?
>>
>>18504399
Poutine.
>>
>>18504955
Tabernac.
>>
>>18504957
Don't curse at me young anon!
>>
>>18504511
>avoid predominantly french areas

Theyre a huge minority of the population and theyre all mostly confined to 2 provinces in the east. They're hyper nationalistic anyway you wouldn't do well.

Check the west coast. Climates fantastic, jobs are good, especially if youre cool with doing trades.
>>
>Country is lead by a cuck
>>
>>18504952
What is a Hapa? I have never heard that term. And I don't know, im sure it has to do with sea levels and mountain ranges or something
>>
>>18505051
Better a cuck than spoiled tard descendant of immigrants
>>
>What are the downsides
the flag
>>
>>18504399
Singaporean who got transfered to Canada for work(4 years), here.

>Dollar is weak
>People are weaker
>People are rude, lots of homeless beggars
>Food is expensive and not very good
>economy is very bad at the moment
>Weather is suicide indusing unless you plan to shell out 1 million to buy a home in Vancouver
>Boring unless you enjoy nature.
>Public transit is trash
>Social welfare is sub-par considering how much tax we pay

Honestly if you're European come here on working holiday and you can experience this terrible country for yourself, and you'll be thanking your lucky stars you don't live here, Canada is an overrated country, I pray to God every night that my transfer back Singapore goes through.
>>
it all depends what you want from the country. our housing market is fucking expensive so if you want to own a house, you better be bringing money with you or have a valuable skill, cause our job market is dying is major

born and raised in vancouver, i cannot buy any form of housing in the city, i have to go atleast 45mins out to afford a 1 bedroom condo. detached homes are minimum 1 million dollars in major cities. that is just vancouver, but we have the best weather. we rarely freeze over and get snow, last year was the worst though
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.