[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I met this guy online. Had an instant connection with him.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (164KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 1500x1000px
So I met this guy online. Had an instant connection with him. It's quickly grown serious and sexual. He told me he loved me 2 weeks ago. I'm head over heels in love with him. But everytime we seem to take a step forward in our relationship he seems to pull away. Not talk to me for a couple of days. So I go from feeling super confident in our relationship to thinking he's just humoring me, back to confident. What would cause him to completely ignore for two days after telling me he loves me? I'm just confused.
>>
>>18504154
Get real problems.
>>
I could go into my "real" problems... But I already understand those.
>>
>>18504154
Have you ever met him in person? If not then is that even in your immediate realm possibilities?
>>
>>18504154
I believe that love shouldn't be seen as simply a feeling if that's what you believe you have with him. if you love each other then you should be able to communicate without the online medium filtering your interaction.
>>
No, I have not met him. Though we normally spend hours video chatting everyday, for months. He's really far away and we are both saving up money so he can come here. by "sexual" I mean through like video chat, pictures, phone calls. Basically anything we can do without actually touching one another.
>>
>>18504288
Yeah, I'm not gonna be that guy who says it's not a real relationship because it's online. But I do believe it's impossible to have a FULL relationship without one on one personal interaction. Otherwise your lines of communication will simply remain off balance and you will never be entirely certain of your standing with him. You should ask yourself if you can deal with that.
>>
If he loved you in any meaningful regard he wouldn't flake on you like that. And if he comes back and said something came up, then he should have had the foresight to tell you that in the first place. If this happened multiple times you're letting your genitals get in front of your head here.

He doesn't love you. Either he's manipulative, he's as inexperienced as you seem to be about the word (no offense or anything, you just don't seem to be seeing this clearly), or he's a fucking dipshit and tossing the word around.

You should block him and put him out of your mind, but you probably won't, so you'll have a tumultuous and unfulfilling relationship with him because you don't know any better. Which is probably good and will let you see straight that he was being a dick, but you probably won't see that until you date someone who treats you like you deserve to be treated. Which is with genuine love and respect.
>>
I never thought I'd find myself in a long distance relationship. But like I said I felt an instant connection with him. The amount of things we have in common is uncanny. But I suppose you are right, I should focus on meeting him, seeing how we connect irl, before deciding where I want this to go.
>>
Haha, I'm totally inexperienced. Just got out of a decade long relationship with my high school sweetheart. Hahahaha.
>>
>>18504308
Ahhh... aw ;_;

I'm not OP but my long distance bf and I have been talking very infrequently and I'm too much of a doormat to speak up and talk with him about it. Also because conversations are so rare now, I feel like it'd be clingy and annoying to talk about any relationship troubles.

This has been going on for almost 2 years and at this point I'm nervous that I'll end up ruining the relationship by being spineless and holding my feelings in out of fear of rejection.

I'm pathetic and worthless and he 100% deserves better and i hope he finds someone local who he can share a happy and fulfilling life with. Sorry for the blog post
>>
>>18504154
he's a fucking moron. leave that beta

>talk to someone for 5 days and they already consider LTR and want to fly to see you

They're delusional, desperate, and fucking psycho. They have no social awareness and are insincere at heart. Leave them.

If someone says "I like you" (very early) then backtracks, they're a shitshow. Avoid.
>>
>>18504375
Jesus Christ it doesn't sound like you should be in a relationship with anybody. You need to find value in yourself before you let somebody else determine it for you.
>>
It took 3 months before he said it, not 5 days. But still, I get your point.
>>
>>18504396
You're probably right anon, I'm mentally fucked but at least trying hard to improve. I honestly don't deserve any kind of relationship
>>
>>18504406
It isn't really a matter of what you "deserve". It's more a matter of what's good for you and your path to self actualization. If you think so little of yourself then you are setting yourself up for failure in relationships. What kind of stuff do you like to do? What are you passionate about? What makes you feel spiritually fed? Are you pursuing your own interests? This is what you should be focusing on for personal growth and self respect.
>>
>>18504424
>What kind of stuff do you like to do? What are you passionate about? What makes you feel spiritually fed? Are you pursuing your own interests? This is what you should be focusing on for personal growth and self respect.

That's what I've been focused on for the past few years. Depression has been a roadblock for me, but I'm sure one day I'll be able to make significant progress.
>>
>>18504318
Hahahaha, OP is a faggot. Hahahaha.

Seriously though, you were in a relationship for 10 years and you don't get that someone leaving you in the dirt for days at a time without a word is an enormous red flag?

Only being mean because I love you, OP. See how easy those words are, though?
>>
>>18504288
Your relationship is not real and you're fucking retarded. NEXT!
>>
The relationship is real. I mean seriously look up the definition of relationship. And I'm not a faggot, I'm a fucking woman... Attracted to a man. LMAO.
>>
>>18504603
There's nothing wrong with online relationships if both ends can be mature about it and they have an endgame. The guy here seems like a fuck and OP is putting way too many of their hopes in them, though.
>>
Ugh. I wish I could share more details but I want to remain anonymous. It's not as bad as everyones making it sound. He's legitimately the nicest guy I've ever talked to in my life. Just seems to have some issues when it comes to relationships. Which I can get, he's been fucked over by every woman he's been with in one way or another.
>>
>>18504645
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9hDi-085lU
These kids seem to disagree, OP. Sorry.
>>
Oh shush. Lmao.
>>
>>18504660
You wouldn't happen to live in Berkeley do you...
>>
>>18504690
Anyway, if it sounds like it's some sort of personal problem with flaking- and he ACKNOWLEDGES this- then yeah, whatever. But that's still something you need to keep in mind, still something you need to discuss with him... And if he's not there to do that, what's the point?
>>
Nope. From the south.
>>
>>18504715
OK. It sounded really similar to my situation which is why I asked
>>
Which part sounds familiar?
>>
>>18504154
Most of it. I was in a ldr with a women but we broke up at the beginning of the month. I was the guy in the relationship though. I've had problems with women and relationships in the past. Fucked up shit here and there so it's hard for me to be trusting or let people in. Long story short I fucked everything up.
>>
I'm sorry to hear that. Most everyone I talk to about it thinks I'm crazy and that there's no way it will work. It's definitely harder not being able to see someone's full body language and touch them. Makes it harder to know for sure if they really want you or are just using you as a little fantasy type pick me up. You know? Much easier to overthink everything too.
>>
>>18504925
This is true. Doing a ldr is a lot harder. But to be honest, I wanted to try and make it work. Felt like she was my other half. But, my problems kept creeping in. I usually don't let anyone in, but I let her in more than anyone else and it scared the shit out of me.
>>
Yeah. I know what you mean. I had been so fucking closed off from the world until he came along. Didn't get close to anyone. Hadn't been close with my boyfriend for years before him. It does scare the shit out of me too. And that's why I think I'm overthinking everything. He makes me happy. I don't want to lose that. I haven't felt happy in very long time. He swears up and down I do the same. I still struggle with many insecurities from past bullshit... I have a really hard time just believing him. Accepting that he truly likes me for me. Maybe he's struggling with similar demons and he's overthinking everything too. I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask him. Be open with him. But I don't know how to do that without being ridiculously awkward.
>>
>>18504953
It sucks to bring up, but it's better to talk with him. I wish I did, Or even the option to. let him know what you're feeling and try to get him to open up. Trust has to go both ways. People tend to ignore shit like that, thinking being in love is just rainbows and sunshine. But being in love means having to deal with some harsh shit from time to time whether you want to or not. My gf wasn't perfect, but I accepted her flaws , even the things about her past she was able to tell me about.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.