[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some cool occupations like being a f1 driver or playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: fake tinder.jpg (429KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
fake tinder.jpg
429KB, 1080x1920px
Now, being a Formula 1 driver is really, really hard.
>Start karting at age 5
>Have supporting parents
>Be extremely good at driving

I mean, 17 is literally too old to start. You honestly need to have your parents have you start at a one digit age, have them support you financially etc.

Playing in a band, going to a stage is actually really simple and waaaaaaaaay cheaper.

>Buy an instrument, practice the shit out of it for a couple of years.
>Or take singing lessons.
>Upgrade your equipment.
>Look for a band to play via friends and online ads.
>Done.

So, as a 19 years old faggot, what are some other cool occupations I can get into at my age with hard work yet little funds?
>>
>>18504109
sucking dick? guys love it!
>>
>going to a stage
>Cheaper

Nah, venues like to fuck you, fans won't support you, and everyone including your bamdmates are out for a bigger paycheck. If that entails stabbing you in the back, they'll do it
>>
>playing in a band
>cool
>a good occupation
>cheap
Maybe if you're a fucking high schooler
>>
What the fuck constitutes a "cool" occupation? Find something you love doing and stick to it
>>
>>18504158
No, I meant cheaper compared to F1 journey. It's pretty much nothing.
>>
Professional faggot, like OP
>>
>>18504163
Someone's upset they have no talent
>>
>>18504109

Filmmaker? Photographer?
>>
>>18504210
isn't the photography equipment hella expensive?
>>
>>18504238
So is getting an instrument, learning how to play, then finding a band and getting gigs
>>
>>18504238
>>18504967

I think it is less expensive that music gear. Music gear you definitely get what you pay for. And people are gear nerds about tube amps and solid state and all that shit. And you NEED Fender or you NEED Gibson and it HAS to be made in America or it HAS to be made in Mexico.

With photography, your big investment will be lenses. But compositions and technique can make up for sub-par equipment. I know professional photographers that shoot on a crop sensor DSLR and a full frame top of the line 5D MK IV and the crop sensor can get the job done just as much as the full frame.

And as for making it a career, as long as you put in the effort and are always willing to learn, you can make it as a photographer. The people who don't make it are the ones who do it to be hipsters and just want to take pretty pictures of leaves or their shoes, but don't know how to network, build a brand, and find gigs.

>pic related, I shot this with a 12 MP long zoom Kodak that is almost ten years old.

Kodak went bankrupt. This is basically a kids camera. Some entry level DSLRs are over 20 MP these days and only like $500 with a kit lens, or sometimes two kit lenses.
>>
>>18504967
>>18504238
>>18504981
Going off of this post regards of music gear. Whether its an acoustic or an electric instrument you really do get what you pay for. And that also applies to whatever gear you get. Effect pedals, cables, amps, even strings if you're a poorfag.

Plus there's all the time and dedication that goes into learning technique and music theory (yes, you should learn theory). It takes some time, and then for what? Occasional restaurant and bar gigs? Weddings? You don't just go out and start touring with a big fanbase, a fraction of people get to do that.

I'm a music major and I've accepted that I'll be doing it as a hobby after I finish school. I've already got a backup plan and everything
>>
File: f18 carrier launch.jpg (968KB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
f18 carrier launch.jpg
968KB, 3872x2592px
>Formula 1
That's for pussies, this is where the action is at.
>>
>>18504238
Yes, and it requires a lot of creativity for anyone to consider it your "occupation", which is something you clearly don't have. You should try mcdonalds
>>
theres no cooler occupation than being a fighter pilot
>>
>>18504109
>I only want to pursue shit in life that's cheap

You will go no where in life.
>>
>>18505116
Yeah but you earn piss all and go back to your shit house and ugly fucking wife.
>>
>>18506147
Not op but I think he's talking about the stuff he can get into. Why bother talking about if it takes tens of thousands just to start? On the other hand, you can start to practice playing an instrument with way below 1k. And then you can upgrade(like the op said).
>>
there is no cooler occupation than being a fucktoy for some selfish millionaire
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.