[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I can never be a man if I don't join the military.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: iiGu8iKcoyBU.jpg (28KB, 493x360px) Image search: [Google]
iiGu8iKcoyBU.jpg
28KB, 493x360px
I feel like I can never be a man if I don't join the military. How do I get over this?
>>
>>18503362
Realize that most people join the military as a last resort. There's a lot of losers out there. I know a lot of them have pride in their accomplishments, but one can get just as much fulfillment out of a normal career without the added stress of military rigor.

Basically, you've been brainwashed.
>>
You are naturally inclined to kill yourself off for stupid reasons. Usually this isn't a trait that survives long enough to be passed down, but you made it.
>>
Stop being a pussy and join the military.
Get a 4 year contract and see how you like it.
If you make it back you can go for another contract after.
>>
Join the military. Live in a barracks with 50 other dudes for a couple of years. Suck off the big guy to not be bullied. Spend all your daytime cleaning a tank or a kitchen while your brain just rote away. But it's fine, you learn discipline, which is totally not something you could learn on your own if you weren't that mentally weak
>>
Visit a base and see how immature soldiers act. I respect soldiers but realistically they're not much different than civilians.

It's not like once you hit boot camp and then pass it and exit you're "reborn" into a man. People change very little.

Your shave, haircut, and way you dress is really about it. The fact that they make you clean your room and make you stay presentable is what makes soldiers look a bit better. A lot of them once they hit their permanent duty stations return to live like slobs once they're let loose again. I was in the military so trust me I know.

Military DOES develop you. That's guaranteed. You will change once you spend some time in the military.
>>
>>18503438
But will it make people finally respect me?
>>
>>18503548
They don't respect the person, they respect the uniform. I was Army and I am so fucking glad I am out of it. A lot of the peopel i worked with were man-children, wannabe hicks, and girl power sluts who got drunk constantly. It is not a good environment
>>
>>18503362
Why do you think it's manly to join the military?
>>
>>18503563
I'm not sure. I guess I just feel like it teaches you all the things a man ought to be.
>>
>>18503570
There's no place for 'ought' here. Plenty of men think they shouldn't have to know how to groom or feed themselves, among other things they definitely should know ...
>>
you associate men in military with certain character traits/values/personalities. find out what exactly they are and work towards achieving that. you want to be like them, not be them. doesn't matter if guys in the army actually hold true to the ideals you impose on them, just find out what they are and you have a clear goal.

good luck
>>
>>18503588
True, and it's not like there aren't guys who join because they are homicidal psychopaths or anything either. You are essentially a glorified mercenary with hopefully some specialized training, so you don't end up endangering yourself. Which is absolutely never a good idea if you're not committed to your cause.
>>
>>18503548

Be as little an asshole as possible. Know what you're doing.
>>
>>18503362

Dont join the military for that reason. Thats fucking retarded
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.