[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting over humiliation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: P_20170226_145701.jpg (1MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170226_145701.jpg
1MB, 4096x2304px
Kicked ex gf out of house because i found out she was fooling around with somebody else while I was at work barely a week after we broke up.

I did not take it well and did petty shit like gas lighting.

She proceeds to slander about me and blow out of proportion the things I've done to her.

Her friends (who I really respect because they're decent people) believe everything she says and now even got me pegged for a cheater and I have no way to defend myself because she made herself look like a fucking angel.

Its fucking eating me up right now.
>>
why didnt you kick her out when you broke up?
>>
No license to drive, no job, her car was failing smog. Just giving her a home to live in while she gets her shit together.
>>
>>18502605
this
>>18502609
not your fucking problem anymore.

fuck her friends, find new friends. my ex got MY friends who should have known better, to believe a bunch of bullshit and then they all got off stabbing my tires multiple times. fuck them.
>>
>>18502621
That's fucking rough.
>>
>>18502601
>barely a week after we broke up.

That is the only relevant phrase in your post.

You had broken up. Your property rights over here were cancelled. She was a free agent, and owed you no loyalty or anything else. You have no complaint whatever.
>>
>>18502601

>Her friends

Key words. They're going to side with her regardless of whether she is making shit up or not. Just cut them out of your life and move on. The best revenge is doing better without the person eho screwed you over.
>>
>>18502601
Gaslighting is abuse, not just "petty shit". She's a cheater, you're an abuser. You're both fucked up and bad for each other. Kicking her out was the first good move.
Your friends aren't your friends anymore. Move on, figure out how to help yourself, and get on with life.
>>
>>18502685
you completely didn't read the OP did you? he didn't kick her out, also they weren't his friends.

>inb4 you accuse me of gaslighting
scroll up and re read.

also can someone clear up wtf gaslighting is? or is it the all encompassing term for any kind of lying about events or something that google turns up? I fucking hate buzzwords that confer monstrous connotations to some shit that would encompass trying to conceal a surprise party. like, lets not be vague about shit.
>>
>>18502685
also she didn't cheat, they were broken up for a week.

like are you gaslighting right now? OMFG YOU ABUSER, I NEED THERAPY.
>>
>>18502700
this is precisely why terms like these are fucking stupid.

what exactly are you terming "gaslighting" OP? and also, seriously, why the fuck didn't you kick her out?
>>
>>18502702
By gas lighting I meant starting arguments when they didn't need to be started, bringing up past arguments for little reason. Tbh when she accused me of it, it was the first time I heard of that term so I figured it was well known by now. And I seriously should have just kicked her to the curb asap.
>>
It's disrespectful you faggots
However you should have kicked her out long ago, OP
Don't be surprised if she's cheated in the past and did it in front of your face after you've broken up just to fuck with you
They're very nasty creatures when you cut ties
>>
>>18503072
That's not gaslighting. Gaslighting is when you falsely recollect memories, bringing up false ones and not remembering real ones. You pretend not to know who people are who she knows you two have met. You steal her objects, and pretend to know nothing about it. You move things around the house and pretend they've always been that way. In other words, your goal is to convince her that she's insane.

The term comes of the 1940s film "Gaslight," where a man does all these things to convince his wife that she's crazy, so he can have her institutionalized and have her money. One of the tricks in the movie is that he goes to the attic, turns on the gas lamps in the attic, so the lights in the rest of the house dim down, and then convinces her that she's hallucinating it, hence "Gaslight."

What you've just described is not gaslighting at all.
>>
>>18503097
Well fuck me. Now I'm convinced she was gas lighting me and whenever I opposed it she just accused me of it.
>>
who the fuck cares about her friends fuck that
>>
I decided I'm going to just try my best to ignore it. Me trying to prove her slandering wrong is not going to help and will actually worsen things.
>>
>>18502697
>gaslighting is a buzzword!
Holy shit, you're retarded.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.