[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horrified of Highways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
Hello 4chan this is my first time I've actually posted anything and well I figure I'd ask you guys for help. Im 21 recently, still don't drink or anything like that. And I don't have my license. I've been terrified of driving since I was a child, when my father put his hands behind his head and said take the wheel or we die. Ive never wanted anything to do with driving. Its become a bit of a hassle with getting around to and from work but overall hasnt really bothered me all that much. I just. Im thinking of studying to get my license and leaving the state and never returning. Setting a new path on my life. And Im happy to do so, but its a detrimental fear of mine. Advice? How to drive, get over my fear, and if I really have anything to worry about?

Ps: My mother has actually been fortunate enough to survive about 3 really bad total wrecks. Im not interested in dying that way either.
>>
>>18502297
It's okay to be afraid. Anyone would be if they'd experienced what you have. It's okay to let yourself feel that fear. Your body and brain are trying to make sure you're safe and protected--they're doing their job. Your job is to let yourself feel the fear but then do it anyways. You have to decide that you want to be the kind of person who doesn't let fear dictate their life
>>
>>18502297
To get over it you just have to do it.

I have anxiety and driving can trigger me. I can do it, but going to fast or people passing me up because I'm not going 20 over the speed limit makes me fucking nervous as hell. I can't drive well at night either because that scares me too. I'm 23. And this is just one of the many things that cause me to have fear and panic. Being passenger also sucks.
>>
Yeah driving sucks at first, see if you can get your family to pay for you to get lessons from a driving school.
>>
>>18502297
If you move to NYC or SF - then you'll never have to drive.
>>
>>18502297
Everyone has this in the beginning. Get your license, then practice practice practice. I don't know what it's like in America, but in my country highway drivers are generally very considerate and good drivers. Remember, traffic is a team sport, you let merge, people let you merge, let someone pass if you see he's on your tail, don't be a dick about things.

Good luck OP!
>>
>>18503353
Pretty sure everyone doesn't have my level of fear when driving.

To make it short I constantly imagine dying in an accident or at least getting hurt pretty bad. Sometimes it's so bad I have a hard time focusing.

And I've been driving for a couple of years now, don't get me wrong I have my moments when I'm not at all scared or nervous. But majority of the time it's the former.
>>
>>18503395
How do you drive for years without having a license?
>>
>>18503419
>How do you drive for years without having a license?

be mexican
>>
File: Classic.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Classic.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>18503395
>I constantly imagine dying in an accident or at least getting hurt pretty bad

This should alleviate any fears you have...
>>
>>18503419
Haha I don't get caught. Also I'm not OP
>>
>>18503446
What the fuck, did the truck's brakes go out?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.