[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 and need some advice on a first job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1474061670765.jpg (11KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1474061670765.jpg
11KB, 300x299px
Spare me the "you should have gotten it at 16" or whatever.

Anyways, I need to move out of my parents house soon and was hoping to find something that pays better than flipping burgers or bagging groceries. Something that trains you. I'm not sure where to look however. The only two options I've seen is this customer service job and a warehouse job. Which I'm applying to but I've been told I should apply to as many places as I can.

It wouldn't be so hard to find something but I'm trying to keep indoors. Not because I'm some lazy fuck, but because if I have some of the worst allergies and asthma one might see. I need to use my inhaler multiple times throughout the day even when I'm not active. And when I'm outside for too long my allergies just seem to want to kill my body. I'm not exaggerating either. My friends even say I get stares in public because of just how fucked I look sometimes. Medicine and shots both don't help.

So, if someone could, please recommend something I ought to look into. I'm getting more desperate by the day.
>>
>>18502218
Don't do retail

It's soul-draining...if you have a soul
>>
If you're 18 and have no work experience then you're really not in a position to be picky about what job you do. Unless you know someone who can get you a job or at least an interview, the only jobs you're looking at are menial and/or involve hard labour.
>>
>>18502241
Well, I'm all ears if you've a better idea
>>
>>18502218
Don't make too big of a deal of your allergies or need for inhaler during the interview. Sure, if the interviewer asks about accommodations you expect to need, be honest, but I used to work as a secretary for a manufacturing factory staffing agency, and putting emphasis on a bad back or breathing problems was a quick way to get your application canned. Not that I don't think anyone could do a good job with the right accommodations, but don't make it seem like you're more trouble to hire than you're worth. The flip side of this is, once you're on the job, don't actually be more trouble than you're worth.
>>
>>18502259
I'd never stress it. The last thing I want to be is a burden.
>>
>>18502249
Anything but retail, little bro
>>
>>18502218
Apply at a call center. They're always hiring and sometimes they pay more than minimum wage. It's easy as fuck and you stay indoors at all times.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.