/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voice Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1488041505358.jpg (2MB, 2308x1980px) Image search: [Google]
1488041505358.jpg
2MB, 2308x1980px
I'm a big guy, 6'2", quite a masculine lad.

But in nervous situations, let's say around new people my voice is super fucking deep. Very manly but natural.

When I get to know people more and I get more confident and especially excited, my voice becomes more childish, less deep if you know what I mean and that really pisses me off.

Like when I'm on the phone I'm never excited cause it's a phonecall so my voice is really deep and some people are taken away by that.

In real life I'm pumped and hyped so my voice sounds higher and childish and less easy to understand thus turning me into a beta.

How to keep my deep voice 24/7? Not changing when I get excited? Should I start smoking?
>>
>>18501064
Count to 5 before you speak
>>
>>18501071
Out loud or in my head?

What is the main purpose for this and what should I be focusing on for this to be effective?

Is it to get the pitch of my voice right or to get the right mindset for my voice or what lol
>>
>>18501078
>Out loud or in my head?

Of course out loud you big dummy.
>>
>>18501064
Are you me? Exact same issue. Bumping for help.
>>
>>18501078
If you slow down and think then your excitement will diminish slightly. Just enough to stop affecting your voice.
>>
wow i didn't think other people had this issue

women don't seem to hate it though so i'm fine with it
>>
>>18501078
Your voices rises because you're excited. Counting to 5 (in your head) gives you a moment to center yourself and remember to lower your voice.
>>
>>18501198
They don't. They aren't morons. It's flattering if someone is talking to you enthusiastically. It means you are passionate about the topic of conversation or that you enjoy talking to them. Both of which are qualities women find attractive.
>>
>>18501214
it is relatively embarrassing though, i think i assign a childlike connotation to it and i'm not the only one so i understand where op is coming from
>>
>>18501221
It's more of a carefree connotation. Not sure why you associate that with being childlike. It just means you enjoy talking to them and are comfortable around them.
>>
>>18501064
It's because your muscles tense up. So anything that helps you to breath relaxed and freely in the situations you described will help you
>>
>>18501107
Bump lol
>>
>>18501078
>>18501107
Hi, my name is anon... Excuse me *ahem*

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE

Sorry about that. What's your name?
>>
>>18501301
Bump - did I just say that out loud
>>
you can use a lot of singing preparation exercises for this. easiest thing? yawn a few times. it'll relax your throat. also cough a few times lightly, just enough to feel it in your diaphram. you can also raise your shoulders up as high as theyll go and let them dead drop back to neutral position, it relaxes your neck a bit.

try these three things and get back to me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.