[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to prove a point. Is concealing the truth from someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Trying to prove a point.

Is concealing the truth from someone and hoping they don't ask about it or find out, but admitting to it when they ask still being dishonest?

If the person was to have never admitted the truth unless asked, and to have kept it to themselves in order to avoid the other person finding out.

That is the same is it not?
>>
It doesn't matter what you do, cheating makes you a shitty person.
>>
>>18500995

Yeah, it's still dishonest.

But it depends on the severity of the thing, too. Sometimes a white lie is a lot better than telling the outright truth and causing needless stress in a person's life.
>>
>>18500995
It depends on the circumstances. If it's something that's none of your business and no laws are violated and no good will come from it, then keeping it to yourself is fine. However, that approach is not ok in other situations. You may have an obligation to tell the other person if not telling them puts them in danger.
>>
>>18500995

No. Having secrets isn't necessarily the same as lying by omission. Though, it does depend on the information that was left out and how important it was to the people involved. E.g. Not telling about your AIDS to your sex partner is lying by omission, while withholding the information from your coworker in order to get treated normally at the work environment is just having a secret. It depends on the context.
>>
>>18500995
Depends what it is. If it is cheating or something impacts someone on a major level you should always come clean, or better yet communicate better to avoid situations like that. In that case yes, you owe an explanation. If it is something trivial such as, "I think your dress looks ugly." Or if it doesn't impact someone then there is no need to tell.
>>
>>18500995
>Is this being dishonest?
It's like asking "Is this cheating?" or "Is this racist?". Everyone have to decide themselves. But if another person finds it uncomfortable it's insane to argue "but it isn't: I asked the internet!"
>>
you are asking because you know it is
>>
>>18500995
I never tell anyone I'm a high functioning autistic and a savant and I like to keep it that way. Never really hurt anyone withholding that info so I think it's ok OP
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.