[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying Spanish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Alright, fellas. I know a lot of Spanish vocabulary and even paid for lessons with a tutor and in the past few months I've noticed I've gone from only speaking at a survival level to being able to have some rudimentary conversations with my Mexican neighbor.

I'm feeling very pleased with my progres and want to become fluent. I've been watching telenovelas for an hour a day for the last week and I find that I still have to strain to even have a good idea of what is being said. I think I am understanding increasingly more, but I would like to hear from other anons who have tried to learn a language from watching T.V. What was your experience in doing so and how long should it take me to get to the point of understanding the bulk of what is being said? What should my progress look like?
>>
Hola amigo, soy un español (de España, obviamente), te deseo suerte aprendiendo este idioma.

So yeah I'm a Spaniard which learned English through watching TV stuff. I first started with Anime (top kek) because the English fansubs uploaded with better quality, so I forced myself through watching it with English subs. Everytime I didn't understand one of the words in the subs, I'd open up Google Translate and look for it. Sometimes I needed a lot of time to finish an episode, but I had the patience to do it.

Then I slowly progressed into movies and tv series. Still used English subtitles because the Spanish ones I found were full of mistakes.

Obviously I didn't learn only through this. We have mandatory English classes since 1st grade, but the curriculum is shit and your average Spanish student won't be able to hold a decent English conversation, either for lack of practice or because of lack of confidence.

My pronunciation is shit, it's what happens when I just spend hundreds of hours listening but with nobody to really speak to in the language, so remember that. I'm very proud of my vocabulary and I really need to polish my grammar, as I still make mistakes and I learnt it through memorization/feeling and not studying the actual theory.

I'm learning an Asian language too, but I don't watch its TV series because they don't interest me, and it's so different from our languages. Spanish and English are so similar that a lot of the times you can infer the meaning of a word. Yeah sure, there are false friends, but depending on the context you can identify that something is fishy and search for it just to make sure.

Not sure if you should watch telenovelas. I don't know what variety of Spanish you want to be fluent in, and I'd imagine the dialogues are somewhat exaggerated/melodramatic. Investigate Spanish speaking cinema and directors, as a starter I'd recommend Almodóvar, as his movies tend to be "slice of life"
>>
No lei nada, quiero ver mas de esa tetona
Quiero que se tire un pedo en mis crunch berries
Oh y eres un maricon
>>
>>18500936
What are some good TV shows in spanish?
>>
>>18500949
'Chúpame la polla' es una serie muy buena...
>>
>>18500949
I really don't know man, zero interest in Spanish TV productions personally, they always felt kinda shitty to me.

I will tell you about a few classics. "Cuéntame cómo pasó" is the story of a family starting from the civil war or so until our current time. I think it's still on air, and it progresses really slowly through real Spanish history, in case that's your cup of tea. I HAVE PERSONALLY NEVER WATCHED IT, but always thought it was an interesting concept and maybe if you're interested in Spanish history and culture you might like it. Probably slow and boring from time to time.

Then, "Aquí no hay quien viva", the greatest TV show for many of my generation. Extremely funny if you can get the jokes, the characters are legend-status in Spanish pop culture and there's some sort of "spin-off" called "La que se avecina" which is still on air and was exported to some other weird countries like Bulgaria, but for a lot it isn't as funny. You can watch it without watching Aquí no hay quien viva. It's just a bunch of the same actors with the same premise but kinda different characters.

Thing is, the humour of this series a lot of the times rely on political situations that were happening at the time of the shooting, or local popular culture at the time, but still I'm sure you can find fun in them anyway. And if you ever meet a somewhat young Spaniard and you tell them one of the infinite one-liners of the series, you'll put a smile on their face.

I'm sure you will find the episodes somewhere in youtube or the internet, no idea at all about subtitles tho.
>>
>>18500992
Well, they don't have to be spanish, they just have to be IN spanish. If you know any good Latin American series that could also work.
>>
>>18501012
I'm Spanish so I know about Spanish series. From latin america I only know telenovelas, I was interested in one about Pablo Escobar, I think it was called "El Patrón del Mal", might be good if you're interested in Colombian Spanish.

And hey, we fucking dub everything to Spanish, you can always just try to find english tv series and movies in Spanish dubbing.
>>
>>18500992
You're going to lose him with those recs. Are you deadly serious or do you want him to give up? At least rec him something good. This is 4chan por dios!
>>
>>18501020
>And hey, we fucking dub everything to Spanish, you can always just try to find english tv series and movies in Spanish dubbing.

Oh hell no and you know it
>>
>>18501031
i dont watch any current spanish/latin series hombre, if you got any good recommendations im interested too

>>18501034
ok you're right
>>
>>18501012
Try 'Torrente' - that's hilarious
>>
>>18501046
http://www.rtve.es/television/

Browsing the list of what's on offer is a bit depressing - there's fuck all on desu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.