[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I learn to let go of ego?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1460143222655.jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1460143222655.jpg
19KB, 320x240px
How can I learn to let go of ego?
>>
dmt or something probably
>>
>>18500834
Check out this guy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsyplaii9p4
>>
Accept Jesus Christvas your lord and savior.

But in all seriousness, thats what the Jesus story is all about. Watch or read "the last temptation of chris"t if youre secular.
>>
>>18500844
I'm not religious but I'll give it a watch. Is he letting go for his own sake/philosophy or only divine reward?
>>
you are your ego, that's like asking how to kill yourself
read philosophy and reflect upon your thoughts
>>
>>18500843
I'll check that out this evening, thanks anon.
>>18500850
I do read philosophy, can you be more specific? And I'm referring to ego defined as self importance and in this case excessively so
>>
>>18500856
Meant for
>>18500852
>>
>>18500850
Despite being literally god he is willing to be executed an tortured to serve as an example to mankind. Life is suffering, and only through unconditional love of our fellow man can humanity find relief from our sufferering.
>>
>>18500881
Okay thanks anon, I've intended to read the Bible in full for quite some time as well so I'll start on that.
>>
>>18500891
Eh the bible reads like total garbage because its been translated so many times. Plus everything in it besides the gospels its typical religious nonsense. If you study philosophy you might get something out of it i guess but I found it dreadful to read.
>>
>>18500904
I know a fair bit of Latin which I've been learning to read classics and was actually going to attempt it that way as well.
>>
You don't. You just swallow your pride like you swallow cum - it's going to be rough, intense, and most probably disgusting, but you gotta do it.
"Clench your asshole and prepare for impact"
>>
>>18500911
Where do you learn Latin? I've been wanting to try it but aside from straight up combing over hundreds of texts online I can't find any resources.
>>
>>18500973
I just kept going into different bookstores while I was out on errands and picked up what I could find. You need exercise books that have answers in the back for self study. Of course people online debate how effective they all are relative to each other, but anything is better than doing nothing. Like any language its just about repetition and doing at least a little every day continuously.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.