[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I "like" myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Goku calculating.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Goku calculating.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
I do I learn to like myself?
I don't believe I'm particularly smart (despite being told otherwise.). I know for a fact I'm not that attractive (6/10 at best, 5/10 at worst). I have mood swings, anxiety and depression.
(The mood swings being between depression and... "ok").
And I work out, write, draw, movie connoisseur and watch anime & tv shows. I'm an "all around' kind of guy, but I can't seem to find something specific to latch on.

I know I'm an OK guy. Yet, I can't seem to like myself, or think of myself positively. It staggers me in many ways.
I'm thinking that by trying to latch on to one hobby and being great at it might help me, yet I really doubt it.

Any advice? (>inb4 "meditation" crap, it doesn't work.)
>>
How do I learn to like myself?*
>>
>>18500736
Don't compare yourself to others
>>
>>18500859
I don't, yet I still dislike myself.
>>
>>18500736
Im a sightlier ugly version of you and the answer is: you dont.

You focus on your good traits. Stop comparing to others and accept yourself you like it or not.
>>
>>18500897
>I don't compare myself to others
....?

>>18500736
>I don't believe I'm particularly smart
Compared to what? Snails? Cows? ...Others?

>I'm not that attractive

>I know I'm an OK guy.

>I'm thinking that by being great at hobby might help me
>>
>>18500736
EVERYTHING you describe (except maybe for the working out and drawing) comes under the heading of "Typical and Normal Adolescence"

Adolescence is hell. We are made (by genetics or God, as you prefer) to have ambitions and desires at exactly the same time we have self-doubts. It is truly amazing that anyone gets through it alive and sane.

And yet most of us do. It may sound like useless advice, but - as with acne - the besgt anyone can offer is "Hang in there and get through it. Things will get better with time"
>>
>>18502253
You don't need to compare yourself to other people to know things. Ever heard of "Standards"? There are universal standards for everything. Intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
>>
>>18502698
On what do you think those standards are based upon?

Anyway you could stop labeling yourself as well.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.