[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there's no point in trying to do anything with your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: aQ9bLP8_700b.jpg (48KB, 700x461px) Image search: [Google]
aQ9bLP8_700b.jpg
48KB, 700x461px
>there's no point in trying to do anything with your life because you will never amount to anything
How do I stop having these thoughts? I just turned 30 and this has haunted me for at least the last 15 years of my life. I've accomplished absolutely nothing of note and I'm basically wasting my life away playing video games, the only thing that brings me happiness anymore. And the older I get, the stronger this feeling becomes, because I think I'm already past the point of my life where it's possible to accomplish anything great.
>>
>>18500589
The point of life is to procreate, have a lots of babies and be the best dad ever. Consult with your own dna for more details.

Tldr find 25+ years old gf and impregnate her.
>>
>>18500651
I have no interest or desire in having a girlfriend, getting married, having children, any of those things. And even if I did, I'm too much of an autist for any girl to like me. Literally all of my friends are guys with a similar lifestyle to mine and most of them are probably virgins.
>>
File: 200.png (76KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
200.png
76KB, 200x251px
>>18500669
>autist
Have you been to doctor to get tested yet? I bet you are just introvert who sort of gave up on his dreams and life in general. Raised by single mother?

Make a decent selfie, create facebook profile, add your schoolmates, and start okcupid, meetme and badoo.

Ask girls on date before 1st conversation ends, be a bit bold and always presume they like the conversation.
http://www.improveyoursocialskills.com/conversation

Or you can always do pic related. Your choice.
>you are at perfect age where girls will want you to marry, because you have just stable job and 0 emotional baggage
Aim at girls aged 24+ who wants husband. You will be perfect. Some people find happiness by making other people happy.

Introvert != autist.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40504076
>>
>>18500686
I don't think you understand. I don't care about women at all and I've never had any interest in having kids. Those are completely unappealing things to me and always have been.
>>
>>18500693
What do you even use your money for?
How is your libido?
What do you work as?
What makes you get up in the morning?
>>
>>18500589

now let me introduce you to my sophisticated secret forbidden ancient chinese advice:

do whatever the hell makes you happy

look, just because some people want to achieve something grand and thats the only way to make them happy it doesn't mean you also need to. care about yourself. figure the fuck out what brings you joy. and introduce change every 6-8 years. change where you live, where you work, who you are with, figure the fuck out what has gotten "just ok" and can be changed without worrying too much. thats it, at some point you get old and die. if you dont want to die alone make sure to plan for it.
>>
>>18500703
Paying bills and saving up money to buy a house so I don't have to throw all of my money away on rent anymore.

Pretty weak, because I don't care about women anymore.

Programmer, and every day I desperately wish I could quit my job but I can't because then I won't be able to pay my bills. I literally have zero interest in this "career" I've ended up in.

Nothing. I find it really difficult to wake up without dozens of alarms blasting at me for like an hour straight every single morning, because I really really really fucking hate my job and dread going to it.
>>
>>18500693
That's not autism
>>
>>18500731
Like I said, playing video games is the only thing that makes me happy, but obviously I can't just do that because then I won't have any money to live. I don't care whether or not I die alone. What I fear a lot more is 40 more years of having to spend 75% of my time going to a job I absolutely hate just so I can afford to pay my bills. The only thing that has kept me from killing myself is the small glimmer of hope that things will get better one day, but it seriously seems to get smaller and smaller with every passing year. Also, maybe the fact that once my parents die, I'll get inheritance that might allow me to actually live without working for a while, but who knows when that will be. It could be 30+ years from now, and I will most likely have killed myself before then if things continue like this.
>>
>>18500761
Sounds you need desperately some friends.

And psychologist. You need to turn your life 180 degrees. Get yourself into different field. If you do web, try phone apps, if you do admin, try ui, tester, db change field slightly.

As far as your libido goes, do you have morning erections? If not, you need to boos up your health. Swimming, unfaten yourself and adopt 3x1hour body weight routine. Can you do pushups? Start training for it.
>>>/fit/

Do something with your life before it is too late. Books? Social events? Try dragon sleeve. Janine is cool.

Anything. And look into psycholog. You need somebody to talk to about your problems. You probably dont need happy pills, just general life direction.
>>
>>18500786
>Get yourself into different field.
No, I hate everything about the "tech industry" and want no part in it. The only thing I actually would enjoy working in is game development, but obviously that's an impossible field to ever get into, especially at my age.

Also, I've seen therapists in the past and they're completely fucking useless. I have friends, but they're pretty much in the same position as me, working shitty jobs that they hate while spending what little free time they have playing video games.
>>
>>18500804
I hate to be that anon, but my crystal ball to predicting future told me that you arent here to recieve help, but to whine. And if you dont change your life soon, you will be part of suicide / alcoholic / cancer / mental disorder statistic.

>impossible field
Why is that? Have you even tried?

And why have i feeling all of your friends are virgins like you? And why have you ignored my libido suggestions? Are you fat?

And what did therapists tell you? And psycholog != therapist. Huge difference. One of them is actual doctor.
>do you even still like games?
Isnt it just activity you do to pass free time? What is your current game? And the most favorite one?
>>
File: 1497350219240.jpg (42KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
1497350219240.jpg
42KB, 600x556px
>>18500651

>you're not content with your lot in life and are failing to see the point
>have kids, so you can bring more humans into the world who will never accomplish anything and will probably inherit your disdain
>fill the void by ensuring you have no freedom!

You "you've gotta have kids" posters are the goddamned worst. I hope no one ever follows your advice.

Anyways OP, your greatness is defined primarily by you. Maybe you won't go down in the annals of history, but there's a lot of things you can still go do, people to experience life with, and a beautiful world out there with things that will surprise you.

Take up travel, learn a new skill, make friends with people you normally wouldn't associate with. They'll open up doors that you wouldn't imagine of finding yourself.

Just try not to be complacent. That's where I find happiness, by continuing to create new experiences and force myself into them.
>>
>>18500823
All I asked in my first post was how can I stop thinking that there's no point in doing anything because I know I will ever succeed at those things. I already have things I want to do with my life but I never even attempt to do them because I feel like there's no point in even trying.
>>
File: 1496231233233.png (246KB, 1136x717px) Image search: [Google]
1496231233233.png
246KB, 1136x717px
>>18500589
Yeah, same here. Just had the worst birthday of my life. 1 year closer to death, 1 year with barely anything accomplished. Well, at least I am moving forward. Chronically depressed all my life and on meds. But hey, who am I kidding, in the end it's my fault for being a lazy piece of shit.

It's strange, I want to die but I also don't want to die. I don't want to suffer anymore in a world I just do not enjoy. At the same time I don't want to surrender to meaninglessness and preserve my existence for all eternity.
>>
>>18500831
>and a beautiful world out there
I disagree with this. I used to think it was, but the older I get the more I realize how much of a rotten piece of shit the world really is.
>>
>>18500836
My birthday is always the most depressing day of the year for me and I try to just block it out and not even think about it. But of course, inevitably my family/friends will always remind me about that shit.
>>
>>18500831
You can always meet the train anon if the suffering is unbearable.

>>18500833
Human brain is powerful thinking machine. It cant be fooled. You feel like shit because your life is shit. Instead of asking how to fool your brain, figurr out what to do to please your brain and then you will feel great.

Why are you evading my questions op? Too personal? Or have you really given up entirely on improving your life condition?
>sorry for trying to burst your misery safe bubble
I just want you to think about the painful memories and dreams. You for sure wanted to be somebody in the past. Why cant you become it?

>>18500836
I think people like you shouldnt spread the misery if possible. At least not on /adv.
>>
>>18500849
>Why are you evading my questions op?
What? Pretty sure I answered them.
>>
>>18500849

Where did I claim I was suffering? I think there's a lot to see, and plenty to accomplish, even if it's not your number one goal.

I just think advising someone to have kids as a hope and a prayer that it will make them "happy" is a stupid fucking idea. There's a ton of deadbeat parents in the world. Don't convince someone to be another one.
>>
>>18500589
Look up MGTOW bro.
>>
>>18500855
Heh, you are right. It was just first post to see if this is just another bait or real thing.

>>18500853
I used there 10 times ? symbol. You answered like two of them very vaguely. Try harder.
>>
>>18500862
Ok, you want to know what my favorite video game is. How does that matter in any way?
>>
>>18500864
1. People are social beings. Talking to anons about things can remind you how cool itbis to share something with others. So it can make you feel better.
2. How do you expect us to give you better advice than
>just bee yourself
when we nothing about you?
3. You claim you enjoys games. I think youvuse them to fill void. That would be just another symptom of depression.
4. It is certainly better than suicide.
5. You have nothing to lose by answering, only to realize how stupid you are by doing self reflection and analyze your life

Like can you even trust anons? And what worse can happen than somebody posting pepe meme to you?
>>
>>18500784

yo, dude. i said FIGURE OUT what makes you happy, not keep doing what you already know. it takes work to figure shit out. then it gets better. struggle with your bike up the hill, then roll down casually as far as you wish.

stop making excuses, you like things, you just need to find them. get out there, try things. ask other people what things to try. hang out with others and see what they enjoy.
>>
File: 1470453478766.jpg (11KB, 309x343px) Image search: [Google]
1470453478766.jpg
11KB, 309x343px
>>18500847
>inevitably my family/friends will always remind me about that shit
Yeah. And then they give you gifts you don't even want.
>>
>>18500847
I felt like that until last year. this year my birthday was spent in a small chill circle of people from work/studies.

life can change
>>
>>18500921
>you like things
I really don't though. Ever since I was a child, the only things I ever cared about were video games or things related to them. And the older I get and realize how utterly shitty the world is, the more I want to escape to them.
>>
>>18501605
Why are you bumping this?

It is obvious op doesnt want help at all. He is fine with being miserable >>18500880
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.