[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you move on without closure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 225x225px
How do you move on without closure?
>>
the good news is, you get to decide what satisfies closure.
>>
Sometimes things stay with you forever and you just have to learn to live with it.
>>
Closure isn't complete rubbish but it isn't as much a thing as it seems either. Ultimately closure means that you were able to come to terms with something. Closure in the literal sense just doesn't always happen. And not just in case of break ups or ruined friendships, plenty of people lose either or both of their parents without ever having that goodbye or that last conversation.

There's nothing to do but to let time pass, grow used to it happening the way it did, do whatever rituals (like saying goodbye in your head) please you, allow for new things to come into your life. Peace will eventually come.
>>
You ever see that movie with Bill Murray called Broken Flowers? Its about an aged playboy trying to track down his bastard son. It touches on that in an excellent way. I doubt /adv/ supports spoilers so stop reading if you don't want to know how it ends. [Spoiler] Bill Murray runs into this kid who backpacking and looking for his estranged father. They share a connection but Bill says something thay weirds him out and the kid takes off. Bill is kind of looking around dumbstruck and the camera is jumping around in close ups of the faces of young men in the vicinity, one of which is a boy who was played by Bill's actual son IRL who doesn't really look like him. Then the film cuts to black [/spoiler].

Ive had two relationships, both ended with basically no closure. The first I had feelings for the girl but had to end it. I wanted to stay friends but after we broke up she fell off the face of the earth. The other, which was way more casual, just ended over text message and the girl just blocked me and wouldn't talk to me at all about why she wanted to break up, although I have a pretty good idea and things were going south for both of us anyways.

I can't stand not having closure either man, I don't undetstand why people can't just talk things out and stay in each other's lives as friends, but that's just the way the world works it seems.

Its not limited to women of course. There's thongs well never no about history, or about our universe. You have to just keep looking forward, and not dwell on the past.
>>
Accept that you may not get every answer you're looking for, and of those answers you do get, they won't all be satisfying

Expecting clean, fairytale endings to every chapter in your life will just drive you crazy
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.