[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being introverted really a disadvantage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Just-my-face.jpg (65KB, 1625x1033px) Image search: [Google]
Just-my-face.jpg
65KB, 1625x1033px
I want to start my own graphic design business but everyone keeps telling me that I need to be more outgoing.

I just don't see the relevance.
What am I missing?
>>
Hard to get customers if you don't want to talk to them
>>
>>18500085
There are various degrees of everything. However, to be in business you have to be outgoing enough to meet with customers, understand their needs and deliver on those promises. If you are successful enough, you can hire people to do that. So, being an introvert doesn't make it impossible, just harder for you as you will be forced to function as an extrovert at times.
>>
>>18500085
>Is being introverted really a disadvantage?
Being introverted and shy aren't the same thing. Being an introvert isn't inherently a weakness and one can still have social skills, whereas being shy is always a disadvantage

But since you are trying to start a business, being introverted sure as hell doesn't help you
>>
>>18500294
>But since you are trying to start a business, being introverted sure as hell doesn't help you
I don't know that I agree with that. Being introverted mostly affects what you have to do on your own time, to recharge your batteries. Plenty of introverts enjoy socializing, they just need to recuperate afterwards.

I'm introverted as all fuck, and I've variously worked as a teacher, a bartender, and a freelance programmer (among other jobs). Obviously all of those are highly social jobs. I did fine, and enjoyed them. Being introverted just meant that on days when I worked, I wasn't going to hang out with anybody outside of work except for MAYBE my girlfriend. I was going to go straight into my room as soon as I got off and play video games until I passed out.

I am sure plenty of successful businesses have been started by introverts.
>>
>>18500085
Buisness is about more than just being able to perform a service.
To a degree, you need to be able to be outgoing enough to convince people that you're the best option for them.

Even if you offer a better quality service for cheaper, a different graphics design buisness that has a more personable representative will get more customers.

I suggest that instead of trying to change the way you are, you should find a partner to begin the buisness with. Someone very reliable but also very personable and smooth and friendly and outgoing. He/she can be the face of the company, get clients, and negotiate pay while you can actually handle fulfilling the requests
>>
>>18500314
>>18500323
Balance between these two perspectives, IMO.

Being an introvert can hold you back, but only if you let it. If you can't hold a conversation and peak someone's interest then partner with someone who can.
>>
>>18500314
>I am sure plenty of successful businesses have been started by introverts.
Never said this wasn't true. I'm saying extroversion is more beneficial.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.