[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the first time in over 5 years I have a relationship and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Zegema beach.jpg (48KB, 960x599px) Image search: [Google]
Zegema beach.jpg
48KB, 960x599px
For the first time in over 5 years I have a relationship and I feel like I'm bumbling around like a god damn idiot and constantly making mistakes that are hurting the relationship. It's a long distance relationship, she lives in the west coast and I live in the east coast. Due to my inexperience I've latched on pretty tightly to her mostly because I'm just way too eager to have a relationship again and I can definitely feel her trying to get some space and starting to be being distant with me.

We haven't been seeing each other for too long, maybe since the second last week of June and things went incredibly fast for both of us. We both fell head over heels for each other without really knowing the other that well, such as passions, what we want out of life, favourite things, opinions on things, and just general common interests. We definitely have things in common and certain ideals in life, but as things keep going on I'm realizing that we're actually quite different.

As the relationship continues to progress I'm realizing that I have a lot of personal issues that I thought a relationship would fix but to no ones surprise the relationship is not helping whatsoever. We've been talking about meeting for a couple weeks now and I've bought a plane ticket to go see her in 2 weeks for about a week. We've talked about this and she feels incredibly pressured by this decision but we had talked about it and I thought it was what we both wanted but now it seems like the idea is really terrifying her.

I'm not the most experienced both sexually and relationship wise so all of this is new to me. We haven't had phone sex in a while because I was entitled and got upset one night about her not waiting for me to have phone sex, which I know is borderline emotionally abusive. I'm not happy that I reacted that way and I tried to apologize but ever since then there's just been this distance between us.

Is there any way to rekindle the relationship before I go visit her?
>>
>>18500069
She tells me she still wants me to go visit her but I feel like it's just for my sake. She's told me that I'm taking this much more seriously than she is and I can tell it's really starting to take a toll on her. The last thing I want to do is make her feel trapped and uncomfortable. Regardless of how this relationship turns out I still want her as my friend because she's a good person and is helping me grow.

Should I just let the relationship go and move on or try to work things out?
>>
>>18500081
There is no right answer for this one, and desu take everything I'm about to say with a grain of salt.

I was just involved in an online relationship and she was much more invested in it than I was and in the end (for some more complicated reasons I won't go into) I got scared and ended it. I've been regretting this decision for weeks now but due to circumstances didn't have much choice at the time.

If she isn't telling you not to go then she probably still has some interest in you, but you might want to just slow things down a bit and see how she feels about it all. Also the best thing I can tell you to do is to discuss your feelings openly and honestly with her as hard as that may seem it really does strengthen a relationship.
>>
>>18500119
I've been trying my best to be open about problems with her. I'm happy she's comfortable enough with me to tell me that this is a bit much for her to handle but I don't know how to go about making her feel better other than slowing things down by giving her some space and time to process things.

I've definitely been trying to voice concerns to her but I'm a huge overthinker and have some big insecurities so I think there's a certain point where I'm just dumping everything on her in an unhealthy way.

Thanks for the response, anon.
>>
>>18500182
No problem, I also have trouble with overthinking decisions, but I've always found that talking to someone about it, or just discussing problems you have with anyone who will listen can really help you make a decision. And if all else fails and you have no one to talk to about it, there is the internet or seeing a counselor (depending where you live you can probably see one for free under health care or something).
>>
>>18500218
I'll most likely continue to try to give her more space and personal time. I think we're past the infatuated with each other stage and it's just a strange feeling because I've never really had a relationship last long after you stop being crazy for each other.

I've talked to my friends about this in real life and they tell me the same thing that "I need to get certain expectations and ideas out of my head" but it's a slow learn for me since it's all so new and foreign to me.
>>
>>18500245
Yeah I completely understand that feeling of everything being new and not knowing what to do.

All I can say to that is good luck anon
>>
>>18500270
<3
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.