[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know when it's time to let go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: fountain.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fountain.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'll just do this as short and factual as possible

>been in relationships for about 9 years
>single after my longest one again
>met a girl
>never felt as connected to a human being before
>never knew I could have such feelings
>fast forward couple months of hanging out rarely (but still apparently met me more often than other people)
>stated black on white what I think about her
>long response with 2 key statements:
>a) bunch of appreciation stated in many different ways, basically what I also think about her
>b) "it's not you it's me" hollywood style, life too self-centered at the moment hard to trust other people, can't imagine to plan a lifetime with another human being yadda yadda

met twice since that but occasion didn't quite allow to talk more

is it time to let go and see if she will come back by herself?
or should i still try get through to her and show her that i believe this is a once in a lifetime match?

how do you know when it's time to let go and when it's time to fight for a major thing in life?
>>
may want to add that I am going away for a few months, even if all was going well nothing could start now. can i look at it as a chance to calm down and let her sort her life and then have a go at her again?
>>
I'd back off a little, see if she comes back after you.
Worst thing to do is keep pushing, it looks needy, and could turn her off completely.
Unfortunately you can't make someone love you, so don't keep trying.
However that's just my experience, take it with a grain of salt.
Good luck anon.
>>
>>18500803

thanks. actually i already thought she definitely isn't interested in me. i had to go away on a trip and basically i backed off didnt believe i would hear from her again because of how last conversation went. but two weeks later she messaged me asking how i am doing. and ever since the base for meeting was me asking every once in a while, her agreeing and having a good time. always me asking. and she would always find time between appointments, even if it would take a week.

now i am guessing she will keep contact, but having stated that she isnt ready for a relationship - i wouldnt know how to deal with it really.
>>
>>18500900
Same anon here.
In that case I'd just cut your losses.
I've been there, when the girls not really interested but still messages every once in a while, it's just to reassure themselves that you still like them (purely to pad their ego).
Every Time they message, you'll get your hopes up, and give them attention, that's just what they want at the time.
>>
>>18500924

hadn't considered it from that point of view before, probably because the main reason im attracted to her is that she is truly honest and kind and wouldnt hurt a fly. but she may be doing it without realising it. then again if she spends more time with me than with other friends it may be a sort of a standby mode.

it's too hard to read her, i feel we must talk about it like adults and clear shit up. but from her point of view she was the last one to talk about it and i didnt respond to it anymore so i "accepted" her rejection
>>
>>18500945
Maybe I'm wrong, or just bitter because I had that shit done to me.
Just don't let her toy with you dude, but yeah, I could be way off.
Play it by ear, and use good judgement.
>>
>>18500961

may be a little rush-of-emotions moment, but i havent had anyone i could talk to and it was crushing me so badly especially during weekend without work. your simple words made me summon patience and confidence. ill just play it by ear and use good judgement. keep fighting because she's a woman to keep for life, but fight in a reasonable manner. give her space then, when all is chill and good, have another push to make her realise she can trust me. accept defeat in battle but not the war. be smart. she likes me, you can't force love but you can grind trust and with trust and sympathy love creeps in.
>>
Been there. Let go and move on. Maybe a few years from now the timing will be better. Or maybe you will find someone else. Or maybe you will die alone.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.