[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25 and still no job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1432432710015.png (509KB, 200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432432710015.png
509KB, 200x600px
Is there any hope for me? After 2 years college I began looking for a job but never got hired. I ended up depressed and gave up, began working non-tax paying job with dad. Now dad is old and doesn't want to work anymore. I don't think I can use that as previous work experience because it wasn't legal, but idk. When employers see a 25 year old with no work experience they instantly trash it I assume. Maybe I should embrace the government aid life.
>>
Please help
>>
>>18499645
You really think an employer is going to check if your previous work was legal? Just put it on ur CV
>>
>>18500541
Why wouldn't they? I heard they even check facebook these days
>>
Make it up.

>tell the truth and guaranteed get no job
>lie, get caught, guaranteed no job
OR
>lie and possibly get job

you're only options
>>
>>18500546
Ive put down jobs I didn't really have and nothing bad happened. I got a job in a pharmacy after.
>>
>>18499645
Future employer's don't won't can't know you did not pay taxes unless you tell them. Just list your job as if you'd worked for a major corporation.
>>
>>18499645
Yeah they don't need to know about your tax status. List the job and say you paid taxes on it.

Unless it was like, human trafficking or whatever. Then definitely don't.
>>
>>18500541
>>18501273
>>18501352
Several years ago, I applied for a job on which I put two things on my job application. One was my job at Walmart, the only real job I ever had by that point. The other was a job at my step-father's business. This was a holdover for job applications in the years prior where he told me to put that down under work experience to help my application look better, and I just keep it going forward.

I was contacted by the company I was applying to. They wanted to know more about that job because they found no signs that I worked that job while they could see that I worked for Walmart when they conducted the background check.

How did they verify I worked for Walmart? Because it showed up on my tax filings. While I may have actually helped my father in his business, it never would have shown up in the same way because I was never payed for any help I did.

They very much CAN check to see if the work OP described is on his tax returns. Many do not go through the effort to actually do so. If they do and raise a question about it, OP can do the same thing I did. Simply explain to them how it was your father's business that you were helping, and you weren't being payed for your work. For the record, I did get hired for the job I applied to, and enjoyed it for 6 months and 1 week until they cancelled the big project they hired me and a lot of other people for.

Now since OP's worried about what happens if he can't get a job, let me talk about what happened after that job. I applied for many jobs for several months and got no interest at all. Eventually, I gave up. I consider that last job to be a fluke and that I am generally unemployable due to lack of work experience and gaps in work experience.

So, now that I've given up on the idea of working for any company, ever, I've gone self-employed.

OP could potentially do the same, and could look at taking over his father's work as a starting place.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.