[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

love yourself is a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: hurts.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hurts.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>be me, psychological mess, NEET loser
>attract horrible guys who play mind games and hurt me
>'anonette, you need to learn to love yourself, work on yourself etc'
>get counselling for mental health problems
>get a job
>start working out, lose three stone
>find creative outlet, start writing and read a lot more
>start reading three books a week
>nurture happy friendships and end toxic ones
>start meditating and mindfulness
>learn to drive and start going on adventures
>take a break from dating to do the above

Fast forward a year and a half, feeling good about myself, meet a qt guy, seems nice etc
>leads me on, gaslights me, manipulates me, uses me and dumps me
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

Why am I still attracting POS guys?
>>
You think success will somehow deter the POS guys even more?
>>
Go to church, somewhere peasants are ready to mingle
>>
>>18499625
I'm a buddhist. Have friends from my Buddhist collective but they're all a fair bit older than me.

Grew up Catholic and met plenty of awful blokes at church/ Catholic school.
>>
>>18499623
I don't know about material success but I guess I thought being a happy and fulfilled person would make me less of a vulnerable target to nasty men.
>>
File: 1499538510610.jpg (501KB, 1944x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1499538510610.jpg
501KB, 1944x1162px
>>18499635
You'll be more likely to attract good people, but just as likely to attract bad people as well. It's just a case of judging them better. Don't let the bad ones make you feel bad about yourself, at least you have the courage to try, so keep your hopes up high and your head down low.
>>
LOL op your picture. I remember seeing that in my psychology textbook years ago.
>>
>>18499733
>judging them better

I'd love to be able to do this. I don't know if I'm a poor judge because I'm naive or what but i never see through men's tricks.

Like this last guy I went out with told me he loved me and that he saw a future together then broke up with me a week later out of the blue. I meant nothing to him it was just pump n dump.
>>
>>18499831

There's no sure fire approach, but a few ideas are taking it slow, meaning that you wait on sex for a bit, try to get to know guys a bit longer before sex, work on becoming less naive.

Unfortunately it's not foolproof. For example, I like to think I'm a pretty straightforward guy who tries not to be a dick or manipulate people. But with my last girlfriend, I said the same kind of stuff your last guy did, and I thought I meant it. But I started to realize that I wanted to mean it more than I actually genuinely meant it. One night I looked up at her and realized "shit, I can't see myself doing this for the rest of my life with her" and I ended it quickly, instead of prolonging the pain for us both.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>18499848
Ugh, that hits me in the feels. Starting to worry I'm just the kind of girl who is nice enough to spend a couple of months with, but ain't never gon be someone's 'the one'.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.