[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend says all we do is have sex...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1396855831977.gif (1MB, 376x375px) Image search: [Google]
1396855831977.gif
1MB, 376x375px
Thing is my girlfriend works 12 hour days every day and then most weekends, I see her once, maybe twice a week for a couple hours and that's it. Yesterday she said she was coming over, then didn't respond to my texts for like 4 hours, and around 11 texted me expressing her concern that I only wanted her for sex and she didn't want to come over. Thing is I invite her to do other things constantly, basically every time something comes up with work so she ends up just coming over to my apartment for a couple hours. And I feel like sex once or twice a week isn't even a lot, it feels to me like there is something else going on, especially when she's the one who always cancels our plans to go on actual dates. I basically expressed all of this to her, and she seemed to recant what she said, I'm still kind of concerned that she said it in the first place though.
>>
>>18499571
Do you do anything romantic before or after the sex? Or do you guys basically just "netflix and chill" every time you hang out?

I can only guess, but maybe she feels burnt out and that is why she's not particularly interested in going out on dates. But still wants to feel like she's your girlfriend and not your fuckbuddy.

Cook her dinner, buy her flowers, give her a massage, wooing her like you're in a cheesy romantic movie might help.
>>
>>18499576
Buy her flowers often, cook for her, light candles and put on her favorite music when she comes over, rub her feet and back, tell her how much I love her and how much I care about her all the time, talk to her for hours a day on the phone, text constantly. I was actually worried I'd scare her off because of how much I gush over her.

I had the same thoughts as you when she brought it up, but I do a lot of romantic things for her so that's why I was kind of taken aback and confused when she said it.
>>
>girlfriend fell for the career woman meme hard enough that she works more than 60 hours a week
Drop her; and if you wish, come back when she is in her 30's and has quit that job after realizing the career woman meme.
>>
> And I feel like sex once or twice a week isn't even a lot
You're missing the point, it isn't about how much time you spend having sex but about how much time you spend having sex vs enjoying each other's company in other ways.

Agree with the other anon that she probably feels like a bootycall. Ask her what she would like from you to feel differently. (Like actual dates.)
>>
>>18499591
In that case I think you might be right in being concerned that there is a deeper issue. She sounds insecure.

Have you asked her to explain why she feels like you only want her for sex? Does she think that just because you have sex every time you hang our or is there more to it?
>>
>>18499571
Kinda sympathetic to your gf OP. I know anytime I see my bf it results in sex. Hey, come over or can I come over, SEX, I can pick you up from work for lunch, SEX, to a concert, SEX, the park, SEX, move some furniture, SEX, parents for dinner, SEX and heaven help me if I don't feel like it so its better for me to decline the meet up. I'm sick of it.
>>
>>18499601
She definitely is insecure, she talks a lot about how she's afraid of losing me or how she thinks she isn't good enough for me. I asked her, she said she likes to be active and do outdoorsy type stuff when she's not working instead of just laying in bed and having sex, but the thing is I offer to do those things with her all the time and the plans always fall through. Maybe I'm being insensitive but I feel like it's not an issue with me, just a general issue with the amount of hours she works and she was taking it out on me. I don't see how the handful of hours we spend to together is the difference between her being happy with her activity levels, what does she do on the 5-6 nights a week we aren't together?
>>
>>18499613
But I invite her out to do non-sexual stuff all the time, the plans always fall through because she'll get scheduled for an extra shift or she'll be too exhausted from work.
>>
>>18499624
Not her but combined with what you said in the last post I feel like she is acting out on insecurities because she realizes that she cannot be a particularly available and fun girlfriend to you. Which makes her more worried about losing you which makes her more worried about you only keeping her around for sex..
>>
>>18499628
Think you might have nailed it, she basically said as much last night. I just don't know what else I can be doing to show her she means more to me than just sex, I suppose just not have sex with her next time I see her maybe? But not having sex just for the sake of not having sex just doesn't feel right, especially when we both enjoy it, and with how rarely I see her.
>>
>>18499641
This completely depends on how well she is able to communicate, but I think your best try is to just point out that she has been saying a lot of stuff like this recently and you can't seem to see what causes her to feel this way or what you can do about it. And if she doesn't immediately talk ask her if it is related to being able to see each other so rarely. I hope it works out for both of you.
>>
>>18499646
Thanks, appreciate the insight, that was helpful.
>>
This one needs to be cut loose. You can do better.

You'll thank me later. I finally found a gf that manages to not be insecure all the f***ing time. One that enjoys sex about every day normally. One that isn't a whale. One that isn't crazy. One that works at most, 40 hours a week. One that isn't money hungry, or baby crazy. Just know that you'll have to dump 90% of them to get to someone compatible for a relationship.
>>
>>18499650
I don't think I can do better, this girl is so sweet, so loving, so beautiful, I love her so much. She is very sexual I feel like she would enjoy sex every day, she just doesn't want that to be all we do, if were able to spend more time together we could have sex every day and still have plenty of time to do other things together. The work situation is temporary, so I'm going to see how things go when she is working regular hours.

The insecurity is frustrating, maybe I'm fooling myself thinking that telling her how beautiful she is all the time will ever make her realize it for herself. And if she did realize how beautiful she was she might leave me for someone better, she is definitely way out of my league as far as physical appearance goes.

But she isn't a whale, she isn't crazy, the work thing is temporary, she isn't money hungry or baby crazy. She is a catch, I want to make it work with this one so badly.
>>
>>18499571
I was in a similar situation and my experiences tell me the following about your situation:
- If SHE is the one cancelling... well pay attention my friend (as you have). Actions speak louder than words so there's either A) a problem that can be solved or B) some other issue that's not your problem like her cheating or internal emotional shit. Your job is to find out if it's A or B and proceed from there.

It sounds like it's B. I don't think she's cheating because it would be a waste of her time to still be hanging around you. She doesn't go out on dates with you anyway lol so why would she even be hanging around? I doubt you have a monster cock or the sex is THAT amazing that she's like, "Oh gawd I just can't bear to leave dat dick!"

So it's probably some internal bullshit going on with her - maybe she's attracted to someone else and doesn't know how to handle it. Maybe there are some other stressors in her life that she can't handle. Maybe she has serious doubts because of the way things are going.

If you're continuously reaching out and trying to hear her... and she's not responding, not there, not speaking.... then wash your hands of it and let her fuck up her own shit man. That's her.
>>
>>18499571
Check the similar (nearly identical) thread >>18499024 for more advice.
>>
>>18499666
It's definitely just the work situation, there is some other stuff going on with her also that is stressing her out. I'd be extremely surprised if she was cheating on me. She does have an long term ex that she probably still has some feelings for, but if she got back together with him she'd have ended it with me. I'm going to see what happens when the work situation is resolved and take it from there.

>>18499684
I don't think this is quite the same, she really enjoys sex a lot, I think the issue is she doesn't want to feel like that's all I want her for, even though she really likes it. She made a point of letting me know how much she enjoys it.
>>
>>18499571
Been where you are OP. Mine was fucking a coworker, she finally confessed but only because they planned to marry in a month and needed to end it with me. She had known the guy 2 months and we were together almost 3 years.
>>
File: 1377601237806.jpg (243KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1377601237806.jpg
243KB, 1440x1080px
>>18499571
>People ITT think the girl is being insecure

>Not the guy who openly says he texts and calls her a metric shitload,tells her he loves her constantly,complains to her and acts like a woman

Sure. Try backing off and observing how she handles it. When she just starts giving you no attention or makes no sacrifices to be with you under that sort of predicament,she has already moved past you.

Stop trying to reason shit out with women. It's retarded. You say what you want and you get it or you're gone. It's that simple.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.