[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Growing up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 565.jpg (43KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
565.jpg
43KB, 512x384px
>I am 18, still in high school.
>No job yet, no personal vehicle.
>Still living with parents and they still pay for my shit without anything in return.
I feel like a spoiled, immature brat while everyone around me progress into adult life. There was 18 year old men who stormed the beaches of Iwo Jima fighting in hell on earth and here I am typing from a expensive phone that my parents pay for cozy in my room and so I feel irresponsible and like a child. I am in high school but need a job in order to buy a car, move out, and then go to college (or military to save money). How can I make time for both school, a job, and free time to keep my sanity? Also any recommendations on books/reads/videos regarding maturity and the things I mentioned?
>>
>>18499420
You're 18 for crap sakes so pump your brakes. The biggest thing is that you recognize how good you've had it. Go to college, get a degree and then you'll have you're whole life to be responsible. In college, it's easier to work a part time job for some cash. You're on the right track and having the wisdom to realize how fucking good you've had it puts you way ahead of most 18 year olds.
>>
Do you actually think those 18yr olds wanted to be storming beaches?

Get a grip dude
>>
>>18499420
If you want to mature, get a manual labor job. Nothing will teach you the meaning of hard work like a job working on a farm or in a factory. You'll also learn quickly that you don't want to do that job for the rest of your life which will motivate you to work just as hard in school
>>
>>18499477
Well no shit no one wants to get blown to pieces or witness their friends get killed but they still joined despite knowing those risk, that's bravery. And that's not the point I was trying to make anyways.
>>18499481
I've done labor work in the past and I am pretty good at it as I lift weights/workout daily but you're right it gets old pretty fast. Did not make me anymore manly tho.
>>18499431
I am considering the Marines for both a quick transformation into a man, and the benefits of free college.
>>
>>18499502
But of course if I join the Marines, I will be back where I started in first place, living with mommy n daddy trying to find a decent job to move out, buy a car, etc.
>>
>>18499420
Im 20,
Im pretty much in the same situation like you except my parents are poor and they're both did shit to raise me and my brothers.
I thought my mom was alright since since I lived with her the most and she wasen't a raging drunk like my father but recently i've realized shes no better than him.
She'd rather keep accepting welfare and disability checks from the gov instead of pushing us out in into world
I've got 5 brothers and were all overweight
I don't know how to drive
I keep gaining more weight
The first time my mother gave a fuck about my education was when I told her I was eligible for free tuition at a community college after high school
1 year later and im on academic suspension and im gonna have to pay back the financial aid
Been trying to figure out how make this bullet go off since I don't have a gun
Best advice I got for you is to hurry the fuck up and get yourself a job and become more independent
All your gonna feel is shame, how useless you are, and trapped, after every year if you continue this
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.