[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I turned my life around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: rocky.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rocky.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Well I don't know if any of this is going to resonate with anyone but just in case, I'll be here for about an hour answering your honest questions.

Age 12: immigrate to USA

Age 13-15: i'm awkward as fuck; have no real friend; become depressed; get addicted to surfing the internet and PC gaming; sleep 3, 4 hours a day to spend more time with my addictions; parents think i'm studying

Age 16-17: parents start getting worried about me

Age 18-21: have around 5 friends to play games with; brain is devastated from getting so little sleep; parents are always worried and telling me to sleep more and stop playing games (we fight a lot, sometimes violently); still no life outside of gaming so i continue; somehow manage 3.0+ GPA studying engineering at a decent college (a lot of bullshitting and cheating); depression is getting worse still; begin to think there's no end to my misery

Age 22: cousin that's really close to me dies from cancer in her early 30's; still have no life; depression is seriously endangering my health; thoughts of suicide begin to carry weight; mind is always obsessed with negative thoughts; almost losing my mind

Age 23: start seeing a therapist; finally make a couple of friends at school who make me feel comfortable and great outside of gaming; start exercising more and try thing outside of gaming with new friends; graduate from college but no luck in job hunting

Age 24: depression is still bad but through therapy and a lot of self help resources i found on the internet i begin to try to find balance in my thoughts (not going to school helps); try my hardest to just relax, chill out, and hang out with my new friends; still play a lot of games; parents are still worried about me

[cont ->]
>>
[<- cont]

Age 25: negative thoughts are getting easier to control; get a job offer from a 2nd rate company in the bay area; connect with a high school friend in the area; make a lot of new friends through him; get a lot of new hobbies like snowboarding; start working out, buy nicer clothes, get nicer haircuts; get more confident about self in general

Age 26: women find me attractive; jump into the dating scene; date a 8/10 qt girl; lose virginity to her; find what i want to do with life in the long run; spend money and energy outside of work pursuing what i really like

Ask me if you have any questions.
>>
>>18499129
I miss the days when my only problems were personal...that I "have no life" and "I have no friends"... "I'm depressed" dude my life is shit, I'm living for other people now. Fuck your life, live for others and maybe you will feel better.
>>
>>18499134
ok my comment sounded a lot worse than I meant it to be. Here is me:
Age 1-13: awkward as fuck, stupid, and behing everyone else intellectually.

Age 14-17: high school, made a few friends, still awkward, pretty happy.

Age 18-21: depressed, no long-term girlfriend, not doing that great in college. Changed from pharmacy to just getting a regular biology degree, hope to get a normal job paying around 40k per year.

22, current: dad is dying. inheriting his house, plus the responsibilities that come with it, like taking care of my mom, grandpa, bills, cutting grass, upkeeping house. Starting to feel old.

I'm lucking out in some ways, but I havenn't made as wise decisions as you have... I'm 22 currently, majoring in biology... I can't be in college for too much longer. Need to get a job in two or three years with a Bio BS to take care of family.

Lol sorry, any advice?
>>
>>18499146
I'm sorry your father is ill. I hope the best for you and your family.

It sounds like you were pretty happy with life then suddenly once you turned 18 you began to feel depressed because of all the extra burden on your shoulders. If this is the case, you should know that while you definitely do need to help your mother and grandfather, you should also take care of yourself as well. I don't think you taking care of your mother and grandfather would be very sustainable if it makes you so unhappy. Everyone has the right to be happy, including you. So definitely talk to your mother about this. Tell her you feel like this burden was brought upon you when you're so young and unprepared. Tell her you're not sure if you can be happy living like that.

If your father passes away, his role should be distributed among the rest of the family. It shouldn't all fall on you. Be reasonable and try to come up with the most sustainable practice for your family.
>>
>>18499155
it will fall on me, and i accept that. My mom is very submissive, so is my grandpa. My dad was the only persone keeping this all together. Now the burden is on me. Believe me, witth the deadly cancer he has, he WILL die, ad I accept that. Now I just have to take care of the family. No one is entitled to happiness... I think that unhappiness is more common than happiness. Just the way it is lol
>>
>>18499129
>Age 12: immigrate to USA

fuck off, we're full
>>
>>18499190
dude, you sound like you're submissive as well. don't just submit to the situation. take ownership of your life. nobody is entitled to happiness, but you sure as hell have right to it. thinking shit like "unhappiness is more common than happiness" is your depression talking. having this outlook will not help anything. trust me, i've been there.

like i tried to find balance in things, so should you. don't just accept that everything will fall on you. start having conversations. she's an adult and she has both the legal and moral responsibility to take care of herself. and maybe she's never learned how to take care of herself because she's always had others to care for her. but you'd be surprised how drastically people can change once they realize there's nobody else out there to look out for them. i promise you, she's not as useless as you seem to think.

you have the right to be happy. your family should share responsibility. that's how it should be. you probably agree, unless you're not telling me something. the mature thing to do right now is to start the conversation. if your marriage is unfair and you suffer, you would start talking about it. why shouldn't you talk to your family about this? think reasonably. talk.
>>
>>18499212
sry m80, i got that eagle on my passport already.
>>
>>18499216
where are you from originally
>>
>>18499146

Are you the bloke that's inheriting basically 400k, with the sisters telling you to marry
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.