[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be more masculine when thin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: skinny.jpg (41KB, 350x461px) Image search: [Google]
skinny.jpg
41KB, 350x461px
I'm a 20 year old guy. I'm 6' and about 125 lbs, built similarly to pic related. I'm extremely thin and I always have been, I've just got trouble eating enough (my stomach seems extremely small).

Today I was at the grocery store and I walked past a group of high school guys aged 16-18 or so. They were all fairly built and about 6'1. If not for my facial structure and stubble I'd look younger than them.

This really crushes my masculinity. Is there anything I can do to combat that other than just bulking and forcing myself to eat more? I'm willing to make that change to my lifestyle but I want to know if there's anything else I can do.
>>
Eating and bulking up is exactly what you have to do. Even if you can't eat big meals it's important to eat throughout the day and to get diversity in your diet (plenty of fruits and veggies -- water is important too).

If you're embarrassed about going to the gym, get some dumbbells and start working out at home. There are plenty of great resources on home exercises that can help you.
>>
>>18498918
I was considering eating a ton more food and doing 5 sets of 10 pushups a day, as well as squats. Something I can do for about an hour every morning and eating 3 massive meals each day. Then going to the gym after a few months of this.

But like I said, is there anything I can do other than working out? My biggest hurdle is eating enough. If I'm out at dinner with family or on a date I can't clear my plate without feeling sick and bloated, sometimes I only eat 2 meals a day. I just don't get hungry and can't eat much.
>>
>>18498926
Improve how well read you are, it should improve your vocabulary and knowledge to make you appear more intelligent. Plus it will give you a lot more to talk to people about, make you appear mature, and give you some ammunition when it comes to arguments in conversation if you can apply your words/knowledge properly.
>>
>>18498934
>>18498926
Also have a good posture and don't dress like a bitch.
>>
>>18498934
>>18498936
I do my best to dress well and I'm working on my posture. I suppose I could read more but I'm much more articulate in person, especially when I'm not punching out replies on my phone.
>>
>>18498939
I'd suggest you look at your personal heroes/idols and what makes you admire them other than their physical build. Don't try to emulate them though, just learn from them.
>>
Try looking into high calorie supplements to bulk up. They make certain foods to gain weight in a healthy way. Hit a nutrition store and tell them you want to pack on pounds and do push ups, and they can direct you to what you need. Don't force yourself to eat too much if it makes you sick, look into protein shakes.
>>
>>18498984
This is good advice. Read the /fit/ sticky, it'll help a lot. If possible, do pullups too, they will make you more wide. Pushups are fine, and if you feel like these exercises start exhausting you, consider doing them every other day to let your muscles have time to recover.
Also just eat a shitton of protein. I've been somewhat in the same boat as you and went from ~130 to 175 pounds (6' too, though I'm a bit younger)
>>
>>18498903
Don't do all that bulking shit

That's fucking stupid

Just accept who you are
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.