[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop freaking out when i'm driving?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1371888114597.jpg (17KB, 355x260px) Image search: [Google]
1371888114597.jpg
17KB, 355x260px
I'm 19 and iv'e learning how to drive the past 6 months.
My parents have been teaching me.

I can drive pretty good if i'm just driving around town but if i'm put into a stressful situation i completely freak out. I swear and yell at my parents and i can't hear myself think when i'm put into a new or stressful situation. I haven't gotten into a accident yet but there have been a couple of close calls.

How do i calm down while driving?
Is it all a matter of practice?
How much driving did you do to completely feel confident while driving?
>>
>>18498740
are you me? Im 19 and Im learning to drive too.
for advice I'd say maybe keeping the radio off so you can focus, thats been helping me. good luck anon
>>
>>18498783
>are you me? Im 19 and Im learning to drive too.
holy shit that's literally imposible, so coincidence, such improbable
>>
lose all faith in humanity.

helps alot.

being calm while driving is just a question of not being surprised by other people on the road with you.
>>
>>18498740
Well you are inexperienced. It goes away with pratice. Honestly just get to know your car better and learn better situational awareness.
>>
>>18498740
Focus on the road and drive more carefully. You are maybe not the worst driver, and that isn't actually good for you regardless.

*Try* not to feel completely confident because at the very least other people suck.
>>
Auto or manual?
>>
Practice a lot.
Driving stressed me so much I didn't drive for 5 years after getting my license.
Once I got a job and a car and HAD to drive, I got to the point where I actually enjoy driving.
>>
You should feel at east after driving. Practice more.

Like when I first was learning, I was so freaked going 30 in a 25 that a cop was gonna ticket me. Then I had people honking behind me despite going the limit. Basically 90% of drivers are in a rush. Try to jump lights. Speed up on yellows. Cross on double solid lines. Change lanes without signaling. Its atrocious.

Also rookie mistakes. Like going home on the parkway, I had to be on the right lane, and didn't know when to change. Then I would miss my exit and such. Now I know like for work for example, I stay in the middle lane the entire way cause it eventually merges to my exit.

And I guess let other drivers curse you out. Or honk. Or whatever. Like I said, you're probably obeying laws. Theres a chance you freak cause everyone is honking you speed up for no reason and cause a crash.

You'll feel more comfortable after driving more.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.