[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitors Over My Childhood Friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Yuuuno.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuuno.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Hello, /adv/

I'm a guy asking for advice over something I've been dreading. I've fallen deeply in love with my childhood friend of 9 years, someone I've been around with ever since we were little kids. Back then she was like a sister to me, I didn't care enough to feel like romantic affection for her. But it's different now, to the point where I've started looking out for her and protecting her more than like a brother.

I'm not sure if she feels the same for me, since we've always been very, very close together. And most of all, she's come to have so many other suitors--some even richer than I or something like that... There's so many of them, the count nearly surpasses all 10 fingers on my hands.

I'm not even rich and I suck at expressing myself, so I just quietly write some poems about her or my feelings, where I know how to express myself, yet I keep them to myself. What do I do? Should I wait longer? Should I confess already? There's so many other suitors, I admit to feeling pissed about them... Please share some thoughts with me, /adv/
>>
>>18498313
If you know she's a good person, she'll go for the childhood friend than the chad thundercock with a gold hemmed wallet

Go watch a movie with her, or take her to a moonlit lake for a stroll, or something remotely romantic without even calling it a date. And when you're close to her, stroke her hair behind her and slowly close in for the kiss. Good luck mate.

If she's held out for so long despite the many suitors she's probably waiting for you to make the move, right?
>>
>>18498313
>suitors
has she fucked any? if so, she hasn't been waiting for you and she's not worth it
if not, make your move and make it fast. either she'll say no and you'll both move on or she'll say yes and you'll be happy. failure to capitalize will make you sadder in the long run
>>
>>18498340
>has she fucked any?
this is important
>>
Thank you for the thoughts so far, everyone.

No, she has not fucked any of the suitors nor have come to close physical relationship with any of them. But speaking of touch barriers, that's pretty much non-existent between the two of us since.. well, we've been close for years.

I'm finding some encouragement from your thoughts.. please keep giving me some guidance.
>>
>>18498354
text her right now
say 'what's up'
post results
>>
>>18498359
note: it has to be a picture
>>
>>18498359
this, do it.
explain your feelings. And do it EXACTLY like this:
>Hey, childhood friend. So we've been friends for like 10 years and I figure I ought to tell you, since you don't deserve me not being honest about things.
>I've liked you for a while. More than a regular friend would, and I see all these guys hitting on you and it frustrates me that I never really had the nerve to do the same.
>I know it probably sounds sudden, but it's gotten to the point where I'd rather know whether you'd like to go on a date with me, so that if you don't, I don't have to burden you with feelings and I can move on and just keep being your friend.
>>
>>18498369
I am the original requester
Do NOT do this.
You DO NOT say your feelings. EVER.
You EXPRESS them.
This guy is trying to get explosive entertainment; I'm trying to get entertainment with reservation.
>>
>>18498359
I have done so and am now waiting for her reply.

It's strange, I'm suddenly feeling more nervous than when I would usually ask the same thing to her years and years before... My hands have started to become cold, and my anticipation's becoming a rising anxiousness.
>>
File: 1248791287491.jpg (5KB, 236x285px) Image search: [Google]
1248791287491.jpg
5KB, 236x285px
>>18498382
if you want to be a wordsmith, use words sparingly and don't write things that don't need extra explanation.
>anticipation's becoming a rising anxiousness.
anticipation is inherently rising, and anxious
>My hands have started to become cold
could be instead
>cold hands

As a side note, you have to keep your cool. If you're LARPing do it better. If you aren't post proof

>tfw vicarious living
>>
>>18498375
I fear I'd stutter and becoming a bumbling idiot if I try to express my feelings upfront. Would it be okay if I compose a poem expressing my feelings and put it into a letter to hand it over to her instead? Or maybe I should just be casual and say it to her after asking her out sometime like a previous reply suggested... After all... I do need to man up over this war of love.
>>
>>18498388
no. Action is what women want, not scribbles.
>>
File: screenshot1.png (10KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1.png
10KB, 235x235px
>>18498386
Hello, thank you for your thoughts. I am not LARPing, and I assure that I am very serious (and very nervous) right now. I just would like to find some advice on what to do next... and so far, everyone has been kind enough to provide me a push to that, even though it might be a forceful one. I do not know what being a wordsmith is, but I am very nervous about the thought of confessing and feel confused on how to express myself.

The screenshot here is our messaging last night, though some is in our language, I will translate. In the first message from her, she's thanking me for my time and for coming to see her earlier yesterday, and she's wishing me a safe travel back home.
On the second one, she is apologizing for a reason for not being able to reply to my message.
Lastly, well.. that's in english. No need to translate. She said that because I told her to come to me if she ever felt troubled again (she felt so earlier that day).

It's not a delusion of mine. Thanks for the advice, everyone.
>>
File: 9505660_f520.jpg (26KB, 248x363px) Image search: [Google]
9505660_f520.jpg
26KB, 248x363px
>>18498399
You're frustrated because you've locked yourself in words. I see now why you aspire to be a poet, for they take your prison and make more of it.
If you want to be more, have direction in this upcoming convo.
If you've already typed yourself dry with her before, there's still hope.
>>
I ain't got any advice but I hope everything goes well in the end!
>>
>>18498375
This is simple but extremely underrated advice, EXPRESS don't STATE.
>>
>>18498831
>>18498375
Can you guys elaborate on this?
>>
For the people saying you should/shouldn't tell her how you feel, I told my girlfriend straight out that I had feelings for her not long into becoming friends, and that led into a closer relationship which became a proper romantic one before long. It can work, but it depends on the person. OP, you've known this girl 9 years, use your head. Will she take it well? It's probably best to do things sooner rather than later, I hope things work out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.