[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you call your friends out for shitty behavior?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1433766837988.jpg (50KB, 604x265px) Image search: [Google]
1433766837988.jpg
50KB, 604x265px
I can't pinpoint a time exactly but around last summer my friends started acting pretty shitty towards me. At the time I just took it as banter, throwing insults around is pretty common in my friend group. But overtime, it's started to become more and more focused on me. I'm the butt of practically every joke, they always ridicule what I wear and they mock my hobbies and interests. One friend has told me on more than one occasion that I'm at the bottom of the group's hierarchy.

I'm beginning to resent them and want to call them out but I'm a fairly non-confrontational guy and just don't know how to begin going about it. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
Get new friends. I was friends with these types of people in high school. Very cool to me, they were my best mates, but there was always someone in the group who they ridiculed and I didn't like being around it.

They tend to eventually grow out of it once they realize they're shitty people, but you don't have to wait around for that at your expense. Fuck off from them and find better friends.
>>
To be honest, you sound like a pussy.
You have to realize that these dudes arent really your friends. If they were, they wouldnt berate you and tell you youre lower than them.

1.What do you get out of hanging out with them?
2. If you did "confront them" what would you truly gain from it? Would you ostracize yourself more?

I would suggest dropping these dudes and finding better people more worthy of your time. If they actually care about you, someone from the group will reach out to you. If not, nothing of value was lost.
>>
This happens in lots of social cliques, especially with young people. You being the butt of every joke is a familiar ritual the others feel at ease with because it boosts their own confidence and re-asserts them as better than you for whatever reason.
Someone has already acknowledged this to your face so at this point I severely doubt that they are not realizing what they are doing and would feel remorseful when called out. You can still try it, though. When a new remark comes, ask them with a blank face "Why do you say that to me". If they do the whole "it's just a joke bro" ask "why do you always make those jokes about me". Even if they don't have a sensible answer at the time it could set some self-reflection in motion.

Alternatively and what I would recommend, you just snap when they say something like this. Tell them to fuck off, that you're tired of being their token pun, then actually leave. Next time rinse and repeat, whenever they make a shitty joke you grab your stuff and go. This is a more risky strategy because you are much more likely to outright lose your friends (at least the group as a whole), but it also has a chance of getting through to them when just verbal confrontation won't. I also think that if they don't change, you're better off finding new friends before this impacts your own self-esteem too much.

Also try to amp yourself up by imagining it's your own friend (or better yet, if you have one, your little brother or sister) who always gets to deal with this shit. That should bring out anger.
>>
>>18497823
1. I did genuinely used to enjoy hanging out with them and from time to time I still do.
2. I probably would end up ostracizing myself further.
I have considered dropping them completely but our proximity to each other makes that difficult

>>18497831
I have snapped once or twice before albeit not to that extent. I was mocked for "throwing a tantrum". But I acknowledge that I do need to become more assertive with them so I'll keep your advice in mind.
>>
>>18497825
This, usually my group of friends tend to go after whoever is being the biggest pussy. Whether it's me or someone else we get on their asses until they stop acting like a little bitch.
>>
>>18497813
Honestly, just devote your time to making new friends then slowly branch off. No confrontation needed. If you really mean as little to them as they make it out to be, they will probably just let you go without questions. Ive been in a situation like this and having people you used to really care about constantly rag on you as a "joke" gets mentally exhausting.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.