[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today is the second time in a week i come back home drunk. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ....jpg (277KB, 1536x1022px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
277KB, 1536x1022px
Today is the second time in a week i come back home drunk. I started in the afternoon because i didn't had anything else to do untile a couple of hours back. am i becoming an alcoholic? I have started to grow the habit to drink more and more in the past years but i always felt like it's something which i can control and i always used to drink with friends, now i drink alone, just for the sake of drinking. I don't think i like the direction i'm giving to my life is taking

Also first time on this board, sorry if i used it in the wrong way, i had the urge to write this somewhere
>>
Whether you are by definition an alcoholic is hard to tell, but you are definitely showing an unhealthy dynamic with alcohol. The reasons why you drink (fun, relaxation, social reasons, or stress, loneliness and boredom?) are ultimately more important than how much you drink to indicate budding alcohol addiction.
>>
>>18497833
>stress, loneliness and boredom

Yeah those 3 for sure resume my day, actually it's been a rough week, i'm actually considering to give up on my social life as it is now and like starting to see new people and moving to new places but it's easier to say it than to do it
>>
>>18497857
Maybe you should try to cut back on the alcohol. Only get drunk one time a week, and every other day limit the drinking to no more than one drink a day.
>>
>>18497857
No one is perfect and there's nothing alarming in itself about going overboard a bit when you have a rough time and not make the most sensible decisions. Just keep a check on it and realize that you don't have to drink every day or whatever to be dependent on alcohol or just have it severely undermine your quality of life. Hard as it is, the best thing you can do is seek out distraction and get out of the house. One of the most difficult things about depression, addiction etc is that there's this overwhelming urge to isolate yourself when once you're isolated it only hits so much harder. It is a big step to get up and move but try to start with smaller steps anyway. Don't fall into the logical trap that if you can't find it within yourself to move and find a whole new social circle, then it's not worth asking for a promotion or going to a social event where you don't know everyone either. It's not all or nothing. Psychology is quite simple/universal in some aspects and one of those is that doing things you don't usually do gives you more self respect.
>>
>>18497863
>every other day limit the drinking to no more than one drink a day

It's already like this by a couple of years now and actually i think this is what led my mind to belive that i can have more when i go out
To be honest i don't want to be the person that get drunk once a week, sure sometimes i drink more than one but never too much to hurt myself if you know what i mean
>>
>>18497868
>Hard as it is, the best thing you can do is seek out distraction and get out of the house.

I already do those things, and maybe i'm still not lucid right now but i think that's the problem, i have friends but i don't have to feeling to belong to anything and even if i know it's sad to say it i think i feel and work better when i'm alone, i have always felt this way
And don't get me wrong i know this is probably the way i have to project my problems on the others but still i don't act in a way that stupid when my social life isn't there
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.