[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Little to no perception of self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1487909236613.jpg (279KB, 721x962px) Image search: [Google]
1487909236613.jpg
279KB, 721x962px
Hi, I'm a 19 y/o male, and in many areas, I have no clue where I lie on the spectrum in certain attributes, i.e. I have a very low perception of who I am and how others perceive me. Let me give a few examples
>If someone asked me if I thought I was ugly, or very good looking, I wouldn't lean at all one way or the other. I simply don't know.
>If someone asked me whether I thought others thought I was cool, or weird, I wouldn't be able to answer. This affects me in a lot of ways, such as: I want to join a fraternity, but I don't know if I'd be able to get in because I might not be outgoing enough, but on the other hand I might be perfect for a fraternity, I have no idea. I don't know if aiming for one of the more competitive ones would be unrealistic or easy for me.
>Intelligence. This is pretty much the only area where I know for certain I'm above average, but that's just because tests exist for this area. However, I don't know if I'm very smart, or just kind of above average.
This is a big issue in my life. If I knew where I stood in these areas, I could live my life accordingly.. it's very frustrating and frankly driving me crazy. I have no idea whether I'm a "weirdo", a chad, or somewhere inbetween. The only people I've talked about this with are my siblings and mother, but of course they are going to say I'm positive in all those areas (they wouldn't tell me otherwise).. so they aren't trustworthy in this regard. I feel like I need help.
>>
>>18497437
to clarify, by
>I have a very low perfection
I mean
>I have a very poor ability to perceive myself
>>
>>18497446
*perception.. shit
>>
>>18497437
Try doing the things that you want to do instead of the things you think you should be doing
>>
Don't live your life according to how you perceive yourself, live it how you believe you should. Otherwise you'll lead a shallow life based off of appearances rather than values, and before you know it you're posting pics of your dinner on instagram.
>>
>>18497461
>>18497465
But there are some things that only certain kinds of people have the ability to do, and I'd rather know beforehand that I'm just not cut out for "x", instead of being met with failure and having my self esteem lowered.

I don't think I'd be necessarily limiting myself based on my perceived abilities, I just think I'd be a much happier person knowing where I lie, instead of feeling like some sort of double person. And of course, if there was something I really wanted to do, I'd go for it, even if I knew it would be difficult given the type of person I may or may not be.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.