[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horrible job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6047.jpg (251KB, 620x412px)
IMG_6047.jpg
251KB, 620x412px
If you were completely used, underpaid, mistreated, lied to and underestimated by your job, would you quit even if it meant that you'd be jobless? You don't have children in this theoretical question

I'm too much of a scaredy ass to find a new job, but I literally work for the worst company out there. You can guess which one it is considering it has the worst reputation out there when it comes to treating its employees. Everyone who works at my company quits around 1 month. Many quit the first day. But unlike them I've stayed for an entire year despite being underpaid, mistreated, etc. I'm currently a manager, and I really really want to quit because it's completely ruining my health and I've finally realised that the company is living up to its reputation of being horrible, but I fear being jobless.
What would you do if you were me?
>>
>>18497364
Ask for a raise.
No raise, no work. Sit at your desk doing sweet fuck all.
If you quit or get fired you can always count on them neetbux
>>
>>18497364

I have quit every job I've ever had without a backup when I've come to the the realization that things had passed the point of no return. It's all about having a plan. Money saved, a sound explanation for why you left the company, and your work gap. But time away from work can give you time to recharge, to refocus on where you want your career to go, and things like that.

I highly recommend leaving when you're not being appreciated. Just do it intelligently.
>>
>>18497369
I really wish that was an option, I brought up to my boss that I'm being underpaid today, and she literally just gave me excuses and told me I'd have to bring it up with a different boss. Their tactic has always been to put the blame on different higher ups, but the same higher ups blame those bosses when you speak to them, and no one is willing to take responsibility for anything. And at the same time they wonder why everyone quits.
>>
I work in an environment where most my coworkers last only few weeks to one month.

My superiors and boss are very cool and supportive to me and I get only positive feedback, but I am grossly underpaid, get no "bonus" so to speak that I must introduce all the stuff and teach new coworkers (nobody gave me any lessons when I got there)

The work is also extremely heavy, physical labor (It is a sawmill) and we constantly have to handle very heavy wooden stuff through the shift (50-60lbs depending how moist the wood is)

I´ve never been sick and I have no pains, but one of coworkers who started the same time as me hurt his back and after 2 days off work he was literally fired just like that. My superiors really do not tolerate any kind of injuries, they just simply take a new guy in
>>
>>18497393
my current plan is that I have a 2 weeks vacation during august and a months "quit notice", so I was thinking of quitting at the beginning of august, which means that I would only work for 2 weeks after I quit.. as immature as it sounds, I want to do that to give "revenge" on them.. I also have 20 000 pounds saved up, so I won't immediately end up on the streets, I just fear that my current employer will forever hate me and I'll never ever get another job and end up all depressed. I really admire the fact that you've always quit when you've felt unappreciated, anon. I wish I would have done that sooner, and yet I still can't bring myself to do it to this day. Thanks a lot for your input by the way, I really appreciate it!
>>
>>18497364
Yes, because I had a job that was your exact description. Even though I've never been in danger of being homeless, but if it came down to a choice, I'd rather be homeless than take said job cause I know I'd at least be happier.
>>
>>18497502
Sounds just like my job. As a manager, I'm not even allowed to call in sick. They bad mouth employees who get sick and encourage coworkers to come to work when they're sick, even if it goes against the regulations.
>>
>>18497364

a good idea for the future is to save up enough money to cover your expenses for 6 months. this way, you can quit any job at any time without any real worry about being on the street the next month.
>>
evaluate your problems. if you have a problem, fix it, don't settle for less, you don't deserve less
>>
>>18497364
>would you quit even if it meant that you'd be jobless
Avoid gaps in your resume. Start getting some interviews, as in this week! Send out some emails this wknd and field all the replies promptly Mon/Tues. just do everything up to the interview via email if it makes you anxious.
>>
>>18497364
Never quit a paying job until you find your next job unless they are coercing you to do something illegal.
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>every job dissatisfaction thread on /adv/
>easily replaceable goyim forgetting their level on the pyramid
>get uppity about not receiving special treatment from their overlords
>>
>>18497677

Gaps really aren't that bad if you can functionally explain them. For example, I was being mistreated by an old company I had been with for four years - management changed and I was put into an environment that made me miserable. Instead of telling future employers that though, I was able to frame it more positively - that there was no room for upward growth and I was looking for the next step in my career. By leaving, it gave them an opportunity to look for a replacement or restructure, and I was able to focus full time on finding the right fit for me. That worked, and I got hired to an amazing company.

>>18497678

If OP is truly desperate to get out, it's not necessarily a good strategy for him to stay in this job just because it pays. Realistically, he's going to be so desperate that he'll end up taking a bad offer or jumping ship to a company that might be just as bad. In addition, he won't be able to take the time off to have multiple interviews without making his current work life much harder. I interviewed for two companies last month - it required 6 and 10 hours of interview time, respectively, before they made an offer. If he wastes that time on a company he doesn't like, he can't exactly go through that process the next week.

The advice about staying in your job until you find another is really just for people who are content in their job and looking to bring down some more money/benefits or a change of scenery.
>>
I would definitely line up a job before leaving the current however bad. Mistreatment and being underpaid are good reasons to leave a job, but don't risk the roof over your head or food in your belly. Also, it's commonly said that it's easier to get a job when you already have one. What convinces a prospective employer that you are employable more than the fact that you are actually currently working? Sadly, being unemployed carries a stigma of its own and raises questions in the minds of interviewers.

Unless I was being asked to do things I felt were unethical, I would not leave a job without a place to go next, in which case I'd wonder how I under up in such disagreeable work. Like when I was applying for lab work I gave a pass on anything with animal testing. I'd do some menial shit to earn a crust but the idea of testing stuff on small animals would be a line I couldn't cross personally.
>>
>>18497906

Circumstances change at jobs, is what I've learned in 12 years of work. And when you need a roof over your head or food in your belly, as you mentioned, it's not a luxury some people have to be choosy when getting a job out of school.

My first job was shit because my parents forced me to get a job, the economy was in the gutter, and of course I got treated like shit. I had to leave or be stuck in retail forever.

And then in my last gig, the company got bought out. I got moved to a shitty location even though I was corporate. They asked me to change most of my job responsibilities and scuttle my career.

Disagreeable work finds you.
>>
>>18497364
Hey Op,
I've actually been in this situation before. If the job really is that bad, just quit today, no notice. From my experience being homeless is preferable to working a job that makes you hate yourself. I stayed at my bad job much longer than I should have, and I was depressed all the time. It is never worth it.
>>
>>18497489
yeah, quit.
>>
>>18497521
You have no power to influence that as a manager?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.