[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smoking and Weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (827KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
827KB, 2048x1536px
Every time I quit smoking I gain weight, and it seems to stick around.

I quit smoking (and drinking) two weeks ago for what I hope is the last time. Since then I've gained ten pounds. Will my metabolism ever catch up?

I've been walking for at least a mile every day and have been eating less and healthier (low carb, nothing processed). Still I keep gaining.
>>
>I've been walking for at least a mile every day
That's nothing. You lose like 100 calories for walking 1mile. That's like one fifth of a 100g chocolate.

Your metabolism is not your issue, it's your diet and physical activity. Count your calories.
>>
>>18496809
I didn't walk at all before I quit smoking. I was basically hikkomori, drunk, and chain-smoking for weeks.
>>
>>18496791
>Every time I quit
so you haven't really quit once
You've only quit when you don't have to quit again
>>
>>18496878
This time I have to stay clean and smoke-free. My lease and new gf both demand it.
>>
>>18496878
>>18496886

Trying to say how can you complain about the side effects of quitting when you can't even do it? If you really want to quit you would accept the side effects and eventually solve them as separate issues.

Some tips because I know it's hard:

When the compulsion to smoke takes a hold of you, don't fight it. Give in, but don't use the impulse to light a cigarette. Poor a glass of water in stead and treat it like your five minute smoking time-out. Excellent method to trick your brain into not suffering from withdrawl too much and good for metabolism. It's breaking the habit
that's most difficult, so this replace it (NOT patches/gum/vaping).

At least 20 consecutive minutes of movement (jerking off doesn't count) every day. Walk for ten minutes into a direction and the next ten minutes to get back. This is also good for your overall health/weight/metabolism. It might make a difference with gaining weight and perhaps even into more serious exercise.
>>
>>18496898
Biking/swimming works too. Distance and intensity are not the main importance unless you have a specific goal to achieve other then baseline body maintenance.

I replaced a lot of the urge with other daily routines. I drink a cup of tea now every morning. I used to chew on licorice (the roots) during walks which is good for your breath and stress levels.

Quitting smoking isn't hard if you know how to cope. It's a matter of dedication and honest living.
>>
>>18496898
Honestly, I haven't even wanted a smoke since moving. My smoking habit was strongly tied to place (apartment balcony) and time (8 pm to 10 pm) and loneliness. I was disgusted by cigarettes any other time or place or around real people.

When I've quit before I only restarted under the stress of grad school (hence the hikkomori and drinking part writing the dissertation), and I've finished all that bullshit now and have my degree. I don't think I'll ever want a smoke again. I associate smoking with everything I hated about grad school. I want to be normie and clean and healthy and pure again, even if I have to wear the scarlet PhD on my forehead for the rest of my life.
>>
Your urge to relapse will peak at times, however each time you peak it means the urge will come back less and less often. It takes just a couple of days to break this pattern. It gets better, days become weeks, weeks into months. Before you know it you can't stand the thought of inhaling poison.

Smoking is absolute bullshit anon. You don't deserve to keep at it. The addiction isn't stronger than you. It was just a small mistake that can be fixed easily. It will even save you money.

Best wishes guy :)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.