[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating Someone w/ Bipolar Disorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1499498105478.jpg (59KB, 577x575px) Image search: [Google]
1499498105478.jpg
59KB, 577x575px
My gf has bipolar and she hates herself a lot and blames herself for a lot of things that aren't her fault

She thinks that I should hate her and that she's a bad person, or an awful person, when she hasn't done anything to harm me; All she does is treat herself badly. Shes never treated me badly and has always done everything for me

I don't know what to do

Are there any resources anywhere to help me? Anybody here that knows what this is like, or perhaps has bipolar?

Shes really been through a lot, and I just want the best for her and I know it's a never-ending battle for her but I just want to figure out a way to deal with It easier, for her.

Please reply with resources, advice, experiences, methods. anything. I just want to be there for her. I love her.
>>
>>18496293
What type?
>>
As someone who has dealt with bipolar and borderline, just keep being there for them.
>>
>>18496293
My moms bipolar. I turned out ok.

Giver her loves and make a baby, just like me :D
>>
Best thing you can do is support her in figuring out how to deal with her condition. She can't go through life like this and she needs to realize it. Last thing she needs is enabling.

Me and my ex did couple's therapy (she had BPD), which might seem strange at 18-19 years old, but it's what kept us together for another year and it really did help her.
>>
I'm by no means an expert, but I think the best thing people with bipolar disorder can do is to research and understand their condition as much as possible. Then train themselves to recognize the symptoms in themselves. If they realize that their feelings of worthlessness, self-loathing, depression etc are not based in reality they can act despite them.

When dealing with negative emotions the first step in overcoming them is just that, realizing that you're dealing with negative emotions. To put it into perspective think about anger. When you're angry you usually don't realize that you're angry. You just yell, scream, maybe punch something and keep forming negative thoughts. At that very moment, when you're caught in it you don't realize that you're angry, that you're doing all of it because you're angry. You lose yourself in the anger. It's the same with the feelings your girlfriend has, except it's much worse because anger usually passes pretty fast and then you may get a moment of clarity where you realize that you did all that because you were angry (at least with a tiny bit of introspection). Your girlfriend has very few moments of clarity, if any at all, so she must train herself to recognize the feelings that are pushing her into destructive thoughts and actions.

For this reason I would also recommend meditation. Among other things it's a tool for understanding your own mind, understanding what you think and why you think it. If you're interested in that, but you have no idea where to start read (well, make her read) "Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard.
>>
>>18496296
Theres a type? Geez I'm not sure...

>>18496315
I've been doing that, she's feeling okay now, so thats good...
I've been staying with her no matter what

>>18496318
aw thanks! thats good to know
wait what the fuck

>>18496322
i'm not trying to enable or anything, i've been supporting her hardcore, she blames herself so much but i feel like she just doesn't know how to deal with it at all. I feel like, we just need more information. but that idea sounds nice, we're both 18 and so on
>>
>>18496339
thank you so much for the advice and the recommendation! i'll write that down

i notice a lot of the tendencies and thought-processes in people with the disorder aren't really based in reality, and can be really obsessive.

i like your perspective on it, i'll need to remember that. and she would take meds but shes not reallly able to afford them well among her household situation. shes not very good at jobs for what they could call an extrovert perhaps, but theres not much or her to work with in her small area

but i'll need to remember that, thank you.
>>
>>18496347
>aw thanks! thats good to know
>wait what the fuck

Why did that make me kek
>>
>>18496293
Dont. Bipolar is heritable.

Dont have kids with her, unless you want to spread the misery to future generations as well. Eugenics when?

>you cant save everybody
>>
>>18496322
>but it's what kept us together for another year
Well that's sad
>>
>>18496347
Type 1 and Type 2. Its like calling yourself a Buddhist but you are not part of any school....
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.