[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If there are millions of fish in the sea, why do people marry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: girl-1532733_640.jpg (87KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
girl-1532733_640.jpg
87KB, 640x426px
If there are millions of fish in the sea, why do people marry to a particular one?
>>
seems 2fishy
>>
>>18495774
Because polygamy is illegal in most jurisdictions.
>>
That's just what we tell depressed people to keep their hopes up.
>>
What are you doing
>>
for child rearing. and they rear children because capitalism tells them they have to or because they get tricked into thinking theres's this magically unexplained joy thing that happens.
>>
Some people settle for the love they think they deserve.
>>
>>18495942
and if that love doesnt love them back?
>>
>>18495942
they lose their identity and go insane?
sounds good to me.
>>
>>18495774
We care about what is ours. Otherwise we'd never be able to love at all.
>>
>>18496006
>ours
I thought love was unconditional
>>
Stop making me regret marriage. I cant stand the company so often.
>>
Because you aren't young and attractive for ever. If we would all stay young for ever, there would be no reason to settle for one particular person until death.
>>
Because spending a long time with one person is completely different from spending a little time with a bunch of people. And eventually people get bored of the latter. If you have one of those friends that sits in the car playing the first 20 seconds of each song and skipping around instead of picking one, it's the life version of that.
>>
>>18495774
Because they don't want to die alone. Casual hookups are great but their not going to be what you want when you get older.
>>
>>18495774
Location location location who the average person marries is primarily determined by where they were born and how much money they have. The poorer a person is limits the distance away from there home their future spouse can be. The richer the person the farther away their future spouse can be.

So take a poor person and draw a circle around their house ranging out 4 miles. Within this circle resides another poor person they will marry. In a small town there may only be 750 ppl in that circle. Half will be women another and half of the women will be married. Another 1/4 will either be to old or to young.

Then break the remaining ppl down into race religion and political party and a poor persons pool of potential mates is very limited.

For more information on this topic take a sociology course at a uni.
>>
Only a handful of fish are actually palatable and you can only really need to take one home to feed you. Would you eat anything and everything that comes out the sea? If you're discerning about your food why wouldn't you be about your partners?
>>
>>18495774
Marriage has been the most successful social device constructed to raise children. By marriage, parents are bond the responsibility to raise their kids properly. A polygamy doesnt foster good values in a child's mind.
>>
>>18495774
Well if you narrow it down realistically based on the world population and making a few estimations on proportional distribution, there's probably around like 800,000 women that you have a legitimate chance of building a relationship with unless you're willing to do long distance.
>>
>>18496678
This is a good analogy. It's like how there's a bunch of options at the supermarket or a bookstore. Yeah, it's fun to go through the aisles and look at everything and see the stuff that's available but you came to the store looking for a specific product that's right for you. You buy it (marriage) and then get home and use the product which is waaaay better than the experience of shopping. Generally, things go fine and you use the product until it is all done but sometimes it can be faulty or defective but that's ok because you can always go back to the store and purchase something else.
>>
>>18496678
This.
Eventually one fish will become your favorite.
The ocean is big, if they swim away you may never find them again.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.