[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck between majors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: thinkning.jpg (5KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
thinkning.jpg
5KB, 267x189px
Hey /adv/ I have lurked for quite some time and have finally decided to ask for some advice. All my life I have had an interest in computers and have quite a good amount of knowledge about them, and technology in general. However my last year of high school I took an AP computer science class and struggled a bit wrapping my head around some concepts/thinking of what to put down to make my ideas appear on the screen. During this time I have volunteered at a prestigious hospital near me and am almost guaranteed a recommendation from the director of the program I work on. I am very interested in both premed and computer science subjects and cannot seem to decide which I'd like to study next year at University. At the college I am going to Pre-Med is a track to go on and not a major, so what major would you recommend? what do you guys think I should do to figure out what exactly I want to do? Any stories of experiences with this? Thanks in advance /adv/!
>>
Adding onto this, I have received a 32 on the Science ACT, and a 26 on the math ACT, so math really isnt my strongsuit.
>>
File: c0rxM.jpg (24KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
c0rxM.jpg
24KB, 320x400px
Don't sweat it! Computer Science can initially be a very daunting task. If you are interested by CS and medicine consider looking to see if your school offers anything in bioinformatics. This is the use of applying CS to any number of biological endeavors, including but not limited to medicine. Also, I'd like to know what aspects of math you struggle with and what's your most recent class. If you struggle with the more formulaic aspects of trig and calc you shouldn't worry about computer science and bioinformatics. Higher level math and CS math, while more rigorous, is proof based and places more emphasis of understanding logic and practicing coherence. I would like you to talk with your academic advisor about this and get back to me with your thoughts :)
>>
Thank you! That gives me a bit of hope! My thing is, I would like to be a doctor, but would also like computer science. I guess the thing about medicine that is daunting to me is the fact that the path is so rigorous and time consuming, and if I gave up/ didnt further education past premedicine I would be stuck with a job I dont like, it would be doctor or nothing if i went that route. I have never really stepped out of my comfort zone with math, though I have a very strong grasp on statistics and flew through that course
>>
>>18495684
Bump
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.