[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1476218436542.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1476218436542.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
How does one get rid of social anxiety? I seriously have a few good things going for me. I'm good looking, I'll be studying engineering this fall hopefully making good money when I graduate. I've had five sexual partners all of them 7 or above one was probably a 9 or 8.5. Cute girls always check me out. I dress well and I appear very normal. But the one hurdle in my life at the moment is my social anxiety. I'm very shy and quiet but when I actually get to know people and comfortable they seem very fond of me, as if I have a good personality just tucked underneath this anxiety. While the anxiety gets in the way, I'm very knowledgeable of social etiquette. It just seems like in new situations that i'm not comfortable with, without any conscious thought my heart races and I get really nervous. I absolutely dread any kind of social spotlight, I basically lock up when I have to speak in front of people. What do?
>>
>>18494908
constant exposure until it becomes comfortable, force yourself out of your comfort zone. If you're capable of not abusing medication you can always see a therapist and they can prescribe you some anxiety medicine that you can use as a crutch until you get used to situations.
>>
>>18494918
I was on SSRI's for 6 years and just recently came off them. I want to do this on my own without having to do resort to daily medication. But i'm prescribed 30 .25mg of xanax for 2 months, that i basically take .75mg to 1mg on a weekly basis
>>
be careful, OP, it's only gonna get worse. enjoy feeling good about yourself now.
>>
>>18494918
This is literally the only way to overcome social anxiety. You just have to do it. No other way. If you're unwilling to expose yourself to social situations, it will literally never get better
>>
you know, i work with people every day, went to college and shit, spend time with friends and family...and I'm actually getting worse. like, i'm slowly dying and losing hope. not OP, btw
>>
>>18495067
You should get away for a couple days just to recharge
>>
>>18494970
1. Xanax are not SSRI's. SSRI's are anti-depressants. Some can have anxiolytic effect, like paroxetine. Xanax is a benzodiazepine used in emergency situations only.
Your dose isn't all that high, it's on the lower spectrum. I've seen many patients taking 5-10mg a day plus 30-50mg Diazepam and other stuff. So you should be fine.
>>
>>18494918
Not OP but how do I do this? I don't have any friends nor am I not good looking enough for girls to approach and smile at me.
>inb4 just make some friends
I tried at uni but we always fizzle out.
>>
>>18495335
I was taking paroxetine specifically for social anxiety. At times I look back and think it worked really well and at times I think it was nothing more then a placebo. I dont really need anything on a day to day basis cause im mostly just at work and im generally pretty comfortable but these more new social interactions can be pretty nerve racking and then depressing afterwards.
>>
>>18495335
I am prescribed the the small amount of xanax now. Its a weekly thing not a daily thing. By six years of paroxetine was obviously a daily thing
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.