[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is a school I really want to go to, that teaches what I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1498905852104.jpg (181KB, 1345x750px)
1498905852104.jpg
181KB, 1345x750px
There is a school I really want to go to, that teaches what I really want to do. The whole program costs like 70.000$ and that may not sound like a lot for americans but I'm from a country that doesn't have paypal and I can't make money online. My skills would work online but since my country doesn't have paypal, online competition doesn't work as well because clients prefer people who can do the same with a paypal account

I do work and I do study (not what I want tough) and it's killing me I don't have the money to study what I want (which is something you can't do in my country because I live in the third world)

I feel more sad every passing day, it would be so easy if I was american, but I only make 400$ a month (and that is good money here for someone my age, which is 22. At least as a first job)

What can I do? I feel I'm wasting my life away and as I said. All my skills work better online but my country doesn't even have fucking paypal

Also, I do try to make smaller jobs here and there, but my country's currency is shit

What can I do to not get depressed? I'd really like to have the money to be able to study and I feel really bad because even If I saved everything it would take me more than 20 years to do so and in my country banks only loan if you are going to buy a house

Please don't ask for the country or the currency.
>>
Where do you live and what is it that you want to study?
>>
>>18494828
I know it's really distateful not to post where I live but I feel like it won't matter.
Could you still give me advice?
>>
>>18494817
Is time a necessity? Because the only way i see you being happy is if you use that major your working for and earn enough money to go back. Or you can transfer major to business and work the office
>>
>>18494850
I forgot to mention the school is from america but they have an online program, since in my country there is no place that would give a degree for what I want to do. I still study and try to investigate and read about it but I feel like it's not enough

You don't learn to be an engineer by self teaching you know? (Just an example) you can try tough but it seems impossible for the normal average folk like me
>>
>>18494852
Well time is not a necessity but I don't feel like waiting 20 years for something that might or might not happen you know?

I take care of my family also. Anything could happen. My mom got cancer last year and my brother got schizophrenia. I pay for their meds too.

If I can't do what I feel I am passionate about I'd really rather just kill myself. But as I am right now I'm still waiting for a little light you know?

It's not like I'm just sitting doing nothing or something like that. I still feel like utter shit
What else can I do?
>>
>>18494864
I sympathize with you anon but i dont know those were my two cents. I hope you reach your end goal
>>
>>18494817
Just enroll in a different school instead of burning away 70k that you don't have. There's thousands of colleges, no need to choose the expensive one juest because they put more funding in their advertising and marketing.
>>
>>18494817
>might not sound like a lot to americans
dang man you must have a warped sense of america. on average the americans that don't finish highschool only have a yearly income of $18,000 and that's before taxes. if they're renting their own apartment $7200-13200 goes towards rent not including utilities.
>>
>>18494877
Well thank you for your consideration.
I'm still trying to come up with ideas everyday you know?
I even thought about prostitution but I'm awkward/virgin and I wouldn't want to risk my health
I don't want to steal or sell drugs either because I wouldn't know how to

I just wish I wasn't obssesed with this situation, but my passions call me until they leave me dry and crying without resolution
>>
>>18494900
Yeah... But most likely you wouldve been put in a ring if you followed through. Work smarter is all i can say.
>>
>>18494890
Yeah, forgot to mention it's 70.000$ for 4 years online. The cheapest one I found

>>18494900
Americans have fafsa and can get big loans to study not to mention americans have paypal and can work online without much problem. Not saying they have champagne and swim in gold, just stating the truth
>>
>>18494817
Have you tried reaching out to the school's financial aid department? Send them an email. Do not despair, there are literally thousands of scholarships out there ( especially if you're not from the US)
>>
>>18494909
by registering for the FAFSA and not being from a family that makes more than about $30,000 we can get $4000 per year from the pell grant while attending school full time. You keep mentioning paypal and working online but the money is usually deposited directly into your bank account if you work from home.
>>
>>18494913
They said they don't offer finantial aid because their prices are already cheap
The schools that do offer aid are like 300.000$ for 4 years and I think that is something I wouldn't be able to pay. That's why I'm fixated on the 70.000$ one .
Is the cheapest of them all

I am still investigating about schools though
>>
File: 1385348810720.png (80KB, 361x353px) Image search: [Google]
1385348810720.png
80KB, 361x353px
>>18494817
Why are you refusing to disclose your country on an anonymous imageboard?
>>
>>18494921
paypal is more used when you are hiring someone who isn't really a professional (like me) and when the work is not a big project

I don't hve the time to do big projects mot the skill and not the time, since I study work and take care of my family at the same time

It seems like I'm doomed but I don't like to play the victim, it's just that everything seems so grim
>>
File: Bait.png (212KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
212KB, 640x480px
>>18494924
>>
>>18494924
also do you not have banks in your country? literally any bank will give out prepaid visa cards, you can use them to set up a paypal account and earn money as you say.
>>
>>18494930
Because I'm embarrased by it.
And you would probably laugh and call me a nigger or something even If I'm not.
It still doesn't matter when it comes to a s
The adv itself, I can only say I speak spanish pretty well hooraaay
>>
>>18494940
My country does not have paypal

>>18494938
I'm really not bait and I am desperate. Thanks for derailing the thread anyway.
>>
>>18494948
you access paypal via a website, there's no such thing as a country with internet access "not having paypal"
>>
>>18494958
Well anon, don't know if you are a kid or something but there are countries with no paypal
>>
>>18494964
like you can't access paypal.com ? lmao
>>
>>18494964
It doesn't work that way anon, please look into it more because your whole problem seems to hinge on you "not having paypal" when you really can use it.
>>
what do you want to study OP?
>>
Well I wish I could get adv on how to feel better or cope at least

Thank you to the anons who answered tho, you are kind.
I'll go to the depts of my kitchen to cook something for dinner now
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.